I don't dare look away anymore!

dangerman

Newly Enlightened
Gee things move fast. I'm away for 1 month. Last I heard green LED was retiring from flashlights and the K2 was the big thing.

Now it Looks like the world has turned upside down. Green is back and I've got to study up on the new Cree craze. Gonna take a lot of reading to catch up.

Sigh...it's good to be home!

thirdeye

Newly Enlightened
:party: Fast times on CPF.

I buy in spurts. Time again. I just buy now for fun. Needs covered.

I'm in lock and buy mode but can't find a target.
Christo_pull_hair.gif
Two months ago and I would have been spent.

Crees pleeze:

1. Mass produced before Christmas?
clap.gif

2. High quality crafted beauty. The Hand of McGizmo?
drool.gif

3. Existing light that can be modded/upgraded. Maybe I already own one.
thinking.gif

4. High intensity LED Cree. WiseLED next year?
grinser2.gif

5. AAA form Cree-key chainer.
happy14.gif

If the "Cree-volution" doesn't pan out there are still cool choices otherwise. And Christmas presents for others will keep me busy for a bit.
santa.gif

Yes, there is much much more to CPF than Cree even today. None-the-less, I just know I haven't built up any immunity/resistance to the Cree bug that is starting to infect some of us here on CPF.
sick.gif

And I know there will be a more dead(LED)y bug next year at this time and thereafter for a while. Never ends. Technology rushes. But I'm not one to be paralyzed by that mythical light at the end of the tunnel. So I will, soon enough, happily settle for a few of the above on my wish list. Gotta keep my feet grounded ya know.
jpshakehead.gif

With credit to anyone gushing these thoughts before me.
grouphug.gif

Flea Bag

Enlightened
All the fuss on the Crees are actually helping me save money! At times like these, I tend to sit back and wait for things to calm down.

Afterall, I'm still primarily an incan man! :) Ah the luxury of adoring an old technology!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you Flea Bag. I love my incans. They are my grab and go lights. Sure you got to bring more batteries and bulbs but I'm old school and have done that all my life.

Dangerman, I love the new tech and I do have some very nice LEDs, a KL3 (the all throw variant), L2, and (improved) B42 XRGT. But my collection has reached saturation. The KL3 already shines further than my middle aged eyes can see so whats the point of getting something even brighter? The reprogrammed B42 has the perfect blend of runtime and intensity levels IMHO. Besides the new tech is really expensive. I'd rather use my money to buy accessories, turboheads, beamshapers, and the like.

So I live vicariously through you all and do enjoy the friendly bantar and beamshots.

kelmo

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I missed seeing that avitar around.
I've made a few posts since you've been gone.

There is a Ti CR2 Ion XR-E interest thread BTW! If your into that sort of thing.