• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired POP2-V: Hyperlux Lava & Aleph 3

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Finally had some time so, I built a few POP2-V Aleph LE modules and Hyperlux POP2-V lava modules

HyperLux-POP2-V_053.jpg

The Aleph3 has a Lux-V [email protected], the HyperLux lava has a VYOT@950mA using 2XR123 lithium ion rechargeable batteries @ 7.4volts.

HyperLux-POP2-V_064.jpg

These modules have highly effective thermal path and oversized heat sinks, every bit of it is needed since the luxV generates considerable heat. I ran the aleph3 for 45 mins straight on high, it got warm :D noticed the epoxy oozing out of the pcb emmiter board? LOL!

HyperLux-POP2-V_045.jpg

Or you can set it to be so low just enough to see the emitters lit up.

HyperLux-POP2-V_061.jpg

HyperLux-POP2-V_058.jpg

HyperLux-POP2-V_059.jpg

These li-ons are about a year old, it's been charged and discharged numerous times but they still produced enough voltage to power those Lux-V's :)

And here's the latest POP2-V v2.46e (extended) UI.

UI1: user level - high level - set user level - strobe
UI2: low level - mid level - high level - strobe
UI3: high level - mid level - strobe
UI4: mid level - high level - strobe - sos

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How are these regulated? Do you have a link to a thread? Are you selling these boards?

That's great having those power level options with a luxV where it's needed most IMO. You can still have very low levels and then the power when you want it. That A3 and Lava Lamp must be pretty nice with that build!

cgpeanut

Enlightened
AlephPOP2-V_020.jpg

Left: Lava Lamp VYOT Lux-V POP2-V Right: Aleph 3: WWOS Lux-V POP2-V

Eric,

1. Yes they are regulated :)

2. Here's a link to a POP2-V Arc-LS mod I did. Checkout the history of the POP2 by DJpark in this link as well.

Arc-LS POP2-V

3. I have some boards and I'd like to sell some Aleph LE modules which I will post here for sale complete with the WXOS Lux-V or better, As for the lava module, if you got the heat sink, I have the boards :D

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simply Stunning! Beautiful work, and they look bright as all get out!

If you do sell any LE's with better than WX0S, :takeit:

:)
EM

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Mac,

The Aleph LE modules will be, I'll sell them as complete Aleph Light Engine Kits, I won't be selling indvidual POP2-V boards.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cgpeanut said:
Mac,

The Aleph LE modules will be, I'll sell them as complete Aleph Light Engine Kits, I won't be selling indvidual POP2-V boards.

I'll take one when your ready to sell.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
cgpeanut said:
Mac,

Thanks. The only reason I asked is because this post is in the B/S/T forum and I didn't see anything for sale or prices anyway :)

Mac

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Mac,

No problem, as soon as I get the best binned luxeon-v then I will post the total price which includes shipping anywhere.

Morelite,

Your'e right! It's the other left! :lolsign:

Doug

Enlightened
I would buy one of your Aleph LE with a WX0? in it :> Seems like a nice alternative to a Flupic, since Flupics do not work with 5w !