Maha MH-C9000, the Wizard One Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone noticed the news on Thomas Distributing? Looks like Maha decided to one-up another popular AA/AAA charger.

= = = quote = = =

» New Charger from Maha PowerEx - The MH-C9000 is simply amazing - Due in December
Published Today
Although not officially announced, Maha PowerEx has developed and is expected to release the New MH-C9000 Battery Charger in December. This latest futuristic multi-function battery charger from Maha is simply amazing. The Accuracy ( Capacity ) is reported to be within 1% of the batteries actual rated capacity and the MH-C9000 is said to be 10 times more efficient and accurate that any other charger currently available.. Simply the best and the most accurate charger in the World.

Features Include:
Full large size 3.5" x 1.5" LCD display, with built in back light for easy viewing.
Charges 4 Batteries in as little as 1 Hour ( User Selectable Charge Rate)
Operation Modes include Charge, Discharge, Analyze for Battery Capacity & Refresh Batteries, Battery Break In and Battery Forming Cycle Mode ( For New Batteries ), Cycle up to 15 times if needed.
Special Proprietary Heat Management Systems that will protect your batteries from damage and over-heating.
Multiple user selectable charging and discharging levels..
10 User Selectable Charging Levels.
10 User Selectable Discharging Levels,
110~ 240 V AC Operation
12V Car Operation

and the list goes on.

At the present time the Price is still unknown.

This is all of the information we have on this fantastic new charger at this time, but check back often, we will be releasing more information as it becomes available.

= = = end quote = = =

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Maha MH-C9000?

" Operation Modes include Charge, Discharge, Analyze for Battery Capacity & Refresh Batteries, Battery Break In and Battery Forming Cycle Mode ( For New Batteries ), Cycle up to 15 times if needed."

:drool:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Silverfox, I believe your interpretation is correct - the BC-900 will have some competition! at least for features. the BC-900 pricepoint may be hard to match. Dare I suggest that Maha has been paying a lot of attention to CPF and not just to defend it's current products?

FWIW, I noticed the Maha pre-announcement (sic) a day after (!) I ordered the updated BC-900. sigh. ah well, one of my (too many) existing chargers may need to find a new home. hmm....

Tim

macdude22

Newly Enlightened

I also ordered an updated BC-900, but I've been nothing but satisfied with my 808M, if this thing is the real deal at a reasonable price, who's to say the BC-900 won't go to a new home with a budding battery addict (I'm trying to groom my sister into battery and flashlight addiction, so far mediocre response)

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeez, I was just about to order a Maha C800S 8-bay charger and I read about the C9000. Whew! I would of been pissed if I spotted this after I ordered the C800S! :D

10 selectable charge/discharge levels, forming charge, capacity testing, backlit 3.5" x1.5" display, accurate within 1% and advanced temperature monitoring? Another bonus is that it runs on 12V so I can use the cord that is with my MH-401FS.

Even if it is $100, I am going to get at least one. My BC-900 Version 32 can take a well deserved rest. Maybe by December Thomas Distributing will have Eneloops so I can test the with the new Maha analyzer.

Thanks for the tip

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Why, why, why did you have to post this??? :hairpull:

It'll be all your fault now when I just have to run out and buy this charger the minute it comes out. :laughing:

I hope they match or at least come close to the BC-900's price point. Forget the accessories-just give me a cheaper price on the charger. I'm not sure I'd spend $100 but for $50-$60 I'd probably give it a try.

macdude22

Newly Enlightened

Considering the prices on their other chargers, I wouldn't expect it to be more than $70 (hopefully less).

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will definetely be buying this one when it is on the market. This forum is great!!

Siliconbug

Newly Enlightened

I'll order one if it's cheaper than $50 BC-900, or at least, as same as BC-900.

(Am I dreaming?:laughing: )

Last edited:

macdude22

Newly Enlightened

I'm willing to pay more simply because Maha offers a great 3 year warranty on their products. A warranty like that speaks loads about a products quality and a company's confidence in their products. I'll give it 5-10 bucks leeway based on that alone. Looking at their other 4 bay and 8 bay products I really don't expect it to be much over $60 if over $60. I think they will offer a competitive product at a competitive price.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want a cheap design that "maybe" you have to use a external fan with, stick with the BC-900! Since MAHA's William Chueh has spoken here about the BC-900 design, I somehow think that it's not gong to be that cheap. You want a Wow charger, get ready for a Wow price! MAHA could prove me wrong though. :D

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

wptski said:
Since MAHA's William Chueh has spoken here about the BC-900 design, I somehow think that it's not gong to be that cheap. You want a Wow charger, get ready for a Wow price! MAHA could prove me wrong though. :D

I want it to have a Wow price! The BC-900 is OK and quite amazing for $40 to $50 but not what I would call semi-professional. The devil is in the details.

The BC-900 has crappy switches, no backlight, no 12V operation, not high enough discharge rates, flakey channels on occasion and a bit optomistic in it's capacity readings. But hey, that is why it costs what it does.

The C9000 will have Maha quality, 12V operation, backlighting and 10 charge/10 discharge levels to choose from. Another great thing is the forming charge option so new batteries can be treated right.

Am I going to get a C9000? You bet! Was thinking of the C800S but now that I can have a "mini-Cadex" and plug it in anywere in the world including my car... I'll go for that easily.

When I get mine in December, it has to go against the Cadex 7400ER and I'll pit the forming cycles against each other as the first test. (Cadex calls it "ExtPrime") Then I'll check capacities to see how they fair against each other. The last step is to test it against the BC-900 to see how consumer analyzers compare against each other.

If I would take a guess, I can see the BC-900 getting the boot for capacity testing of new batteries. Hopefully the C9000 will not have any quality issues and be very accurate when I do the comparison. I don't see any reason why it would not so I'll waste another week to see how this all shakes out. Heck, I'll even buy some more new batteries just for the Cadex ExtPrime VS Maha Forming Charge comparison. :)

dekelsey61

Newly Enlightened

The Maha C9000 Charger looks like a FANTASTIC charger!! I will get one when they come out. The features sounds great and with Maha's quality this should be a real winner!! I have a couple of there chargers and they are the best! I do have one question- Can you do a forming charge on batteries that are not new? I would be looking to bring the batteries capacity back up if the battery has lost some capacity. Thank you.
Dan

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

dekelsey61 said:
Can you do a forming charge on batteries that are not new? I would be looking to bring the batteries capacity back up if the battery has lost some capacity. Thank you.
Dan

Dan,
It is actually recommended to do a forming charge on older batteries to freshen them up. I have two Radio Shack 1000mAH NiCad AA's on a Cadex and they returned 1,180mAH after a forming charge (extended prime) of 16 hours at 50mA then a 100mA charge to termination followed by a 200mA discharge to determine capacity. The BC-900 gave me 982mAH and 1,040mAH after a 200mA charge/100mA discharge cycle before I put it on the Cadex.
If the 50mA charge rate sounds odd to you, then the extended prime (forming charge) of 32mA on a 3.6V 2100mAH NiMH pack will sound very odd. Cadex monitors many parameters including cell resistance and adjusts the charging current on the fly.
All my cells at my house will go through the forming charge on the C9000. If I have the ability, why not use it? Sure, I'll post my results to this forum so we can all gain knowledge and see how well it works.

jtr1962

Flashaholic

wptski said:
If you want a cheap design that "maybe" you have to use a external fan with, stick with the BC-900!
The BC-900 could have been made a lot better for the same price by just leaving out the "free" accessories. While the travel bag and AA cell holders are nice, their inclusion wasn't what pushed me to buy the charger. And while their "free" batteries were OK also, I don't care if any charger I buy comes with batteries as I already have more than enough. I know including extras is a marketing gimmick, but the fact is that they do cost money which otherwise could have been used to make the charger better.

I won't hold my breath that the MH-C9000 will cost the same as the BC-900 but it would be nice if it did. And if not, it's worth an extra $10 or $20.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtr1962 said:
The BC-900 could have been made a lot better for the same price by just leaving out the "free" accessories. While the travel bag and AA cell holders are nice, their inclusion wasn't what pushed me to buy the charger. And while their "free" batteries were OK also, I don't care if any charger I buy comes with batteries as I already have more than enough. I know including extras is a marketing gimmick, but the fact is that they do cost money which otherwise could have been used to make the charger better.

I won't hold my breath that the MH-C9000 will cost the same as the BC-900 but it would be nice if it did. And if not, it's worth an extra $10 or $20.
Wait a minute! Didn't I just read that you ordered a MSC815 15 minute charger that comes with cells??

N162E

Enlightened

This is really good to hear. Finally a company that not only has a grip on the technology but also keeps an eye on the pulse of its users. This charger should be a real treat for all us techies. I am down for two, sight unseen.

jtr1962

Flashaholic

wptski said:
Wait a minute! Didn't I just read that you ordered a MSC815 15 minute charger that comes with cells??
:laughing: Well, yes. But it's only 2 cells so what would it save me if they weren't included, $2 or $3? And they're supposedly high current/8 minute recharge capable so at least I'm getting a type of cell I don't already have.

Point taken, though. :lolsign:

Unfortunately I think batteries/chargers are going from just a means to run my portable devices to a hobby of their own. And I think the same is true for quite a few others here as well given all the excitment over this new charger. :whistle:

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtr1962 said:
:laughing: Well, yes. But it's only 2 cells so what would it save me if they weren't included, $2 or $3? And they're supposedly high current/8 minute recharge capable so at least I'm getting a type of cell I don't already have.

Point taken, though. :lolsign:

Unfortunately I think batteries/chargers are going from just a means to run my portable devices to a hobby of their own. And I think the same is true for quite a few others here as well given all the excitment over this new charger. :whistle:
I'm wondering if those two 8 minute cells are really so special? Or just higher capacity cells. You know that it only charges to 80% in 15 minutes, right? That's the catch on most of these quick chargers anyway. :awman:

Yes, I agree! Besides my three RC type chargers, I have a E-15, D-15, two C204W, two C401FS, C210, BC-900, C808M and two other MAHA chargers that I can't remember the number of! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts