How Does 2 Stage on Fenix L1T Work?

Mike V

Enlightened
I just got my Fenix L1T and CR123A body from the Fenix Store.
Thanks for the quick service 4sevens!!!

How does the 2-stage bezel on these physically work?

Also why are the threads on the front of the body not annodised?
Is it something to do with conductivity?

Does it effect it if silicone gets on the threads?

I ask because at first the 2 stage switch didn't work with the CR123A body (fine with the AA body), but after turning it a few times it started to work and seems to be getting better with use.

You have to crank it down very tightly to get the high level to work, although it does seem to be getting better with use.

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
The low stage gets ground from the threads on the front of the body and the inside threads of the head(This is why there is no anodizing).

The high stage grounds directly to the curcuit by contacting the front edge of the body as the head is screwed tight.

I hope this helps, as I cannot think of another way to explain it.......

As the front edge of the cr123 body is much thinner due to thinner side walls, this may contribute to the high stage not working as well....the curcuit inside of the head may not be contacting the front edge of the body very well.

Mine was reluctant to light the high stage at first also, but seems to be working fine now.

Last edited:

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
its possible, but I use silcone lube on mine and it still works.......no problems so far...knock,knock....lol

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used silicone paste on some of my first lights until they started being effected and I was told that silicone is non-conductive so it can effect the workings of your light most definitly.