IR Filters...

Doug

Enlightened
I have a Tivo, and a General Instruments cable box ... which is a bad combo, and I have only today (after almost *2* pain full years) figured out how to get it to change channels reliably! ARG! Ahem... at any rate, the problem is, the cable box needs to have everything, but it's IR codes sent to it ... see, if it sees a code it does not reconise, it ignores following codes for (I think someone said) 2.5 secs! So, I had to TOTALY cover the front of my cable box, and now it seems to be changing channels (3 digit ones, 2 digit ones wheren't a problem)! Wee hee! It's like having your drivings window stuck for two year, and then finannly getting it fixed! So, now I know I need a stick on IR blaster (Tivo provides one that has to hang out in front of the cable box ... lame). Since I can not see my clock on my cable box now (which is my main clock), I figured, if I covers the entired front of the cable box (well, the window with the clock, etc) with a piece of plastic that can block the IR, cut a small square hole JUST over the IR sensor, then apply a stick on type blaster... I think I will be set ... but, where to get the filter, and the stick on blasters? Well, I bet the stick on blasters will be easy.... but, where does on find stick on, IR filters???? Thanks for you help in advance!

Doug