L6 Head (noticeable change in the shade of color)

T4R06

Enlightened
what is this on L6 head??? a glue? just got this morning @ opticshq. at they said i will contact surefire...

L61.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Last edited:

kumar762

Banned
Is there a texture difference?from here it looks like a big faded spot mabe that's the flash?
shrug.gif

T4R06

Enlightened
its not a flash although the 2nd pic uses with flash. it has faded..
can i return this? and refund?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My KL5 head has several discernable colors, from OD green to almost turquoise. I believe this is due to anodization differences and different qualities of aluminum.

T4R06

Enlightened
cant believe $200 light will pass to QC with this kind of finish, if i return they will charge me 15% restocking fee. how come? i did a report quickly after i receive this light. totally dissapointed with this kind of process!

T4R06

Enlightened
@benchmade - yes, exactly. thats what im thinking also. the whole round has that kind of rubbed.
opticshq emailed me about the policy and it says only DOA will get full refund. so it means they will charged me 15%???
this is not right, first of all its not my fault the receive a product like this.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats not right i would call surefire and see what they say about it of course you will have to send the old one inn. i cant beleive opticsHQ would say that.

T4R06

Enlightened
here is the reply of optics...
my question is, why they are keep on pushin me to call surefire with my problem? i know they are not the makers of this light, but i think they do have responsibility of it. in my case, after i receive this to fedex open the package and did a report instantly to them. all i need now is take a full refund which i paid.

as stated on their policy, correct me if am wrong. they just do FULL refund for those DOA.
http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/CTGY/RefundPolicy

Hello Arwin,

Let me clarify...

I have no intention of "blowing you off". If you're not happy with the product you bought you can of course return it in accordance to our return policy : http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/CTGY/RefundPolicy

Here is the deal though, NO ONE including myself can guarantee anymore than the manufacturer does. I doubt any dealer would open all of their L6's to check the finish and have everyone else get an open box. If your variance in color is small Surefire probably won't accept that as a problem but if it severe (or perhaps if you are firm enough with them) they do provide excellent service and will replace whatever is necessary. I have seem them do it before. This is why they have such a great warranty and it would be the only way you can actually try to have someone "hand pick" the light for you.

I would think twice about sending the light anywhere including Surefire since as you know all LED models are taking a very long time. I still don't have any L2,L4,L5,L6's etc. You might get stuck with nothing...

As you have probably seen by now I take pride in giving good customer service and being quick and responsive. On top of this we give the best deals anywhere with those CPF discounts which are available. If it is not clear to you we are on the same side here. I want you to be 100% happy with this light and not return anything,but even I have limits to what I can do about it. I don't make these lights.

If you still want to return it to us please make sure to review our refund policy above and let me know you need an RMA.

Again Have a great weekend.
--
Best regards,
Kobi mailto:[email protected]

T4R06

Enlightened
@chester - im not blaming them. im fighting for full refund.. too way to report this to surefire. i dont like waiting in weeks or months.

i've been dying to get this light, excitement waiting for 8days, and what do i get???!?

a substandard finished $200 L6

the fuzz

Enlightened
yes its expensive and the finish in not whatyouexpect from an expensive light

But all important does it effect the light output.

If not , and just cosmetic id keep as its risky sending it back to SF and waiting months for it

or get creative and cover it with a well designed tape sticker or glowy thing

It adds charatcer to the torch,

dougie

Enlightened
TR406,

Whatever the cause the bezel is substandard. IMHO you can't expect the seller to have reasonably known about this defect? Surefire box their products only after QC has (supposedly) been done. In this case it appears to be a simple QC problem? How does that help you, it doesn't. Unfortunately you have a sub standard finish to an EXCELLENT product and on the assumption that everything else works ok then you have 3 solutions to the problem:

1) Keep the light, USE it, and forget about this minor imperfection. In a year or so it will have acquired many more minor imperfections and this one won't be an issue.

2) Contact Surefire, get an RMA and wait as long as it takes for a replacement?

3) Return it to the retailer and suck the restocking fee?

None of the above seem to fit the bill, but realistically answer 1 (at least to me) seems the more to be a more realistic option if you want to use the light rather than worry about this minor problem. In future though if you need to have a perfect product the best suggestion would be to go to a bricks & morter store and ask them to allow you to see what your purchasing. At least this way you get to examine and test what you are buying before hand?:sssh:

Doug:)

Last edited:
O

OpticsHQ

I was going to stay out of this thread, but now I think I should say a few things.

We sell factory-sealed products. There is absolutely no way for us to know if there are issues with performance, finish, etc., that's what the SureFire lifetime warranty is for.

According to TR406, I should take the light back for what is a manufacturer's defect and provide the full refund. That means incurring the cost of shipping and getting an open box product that can not be re-sold for full price. Now, if I charged TR406 the full retail price, I would have no problem doing that, since I could simply turn around and sell it with discount. But TR406 did not pay even close to the full retail. Furthermore, TR406 seems to be casting aspersions on our customer service, which I believe (as do majority of our clients) to be superior (including I might add handling of this order).

I have to say that TR406's comments and attitude are unfair and completely uncalled for, and I am very disappointed to see this type of thread on CPF after we have made every effort to provide CPF members with absolutely the best service and prices possible,

AggiePhil

Newly Enlightened
Oh come on. It's the anodization process. That just happens. Besides, your light is a tool, no? That just adds character. If you're worried about your lights getting scratches or having minor cosmetic blemishes, then that isn't a tool. Just my $0.02 though...YMMV.

BBL

Enlightened
Nope, that does not come from anodization.

Every flashlight starts as a round bar of aluminum with a rough surface. The surface is first leveled by grinding away a few 1/10th milimeter. This has obviously not happened on this light. High priced labour doesnt automatically lead to high quality products.

I wonder how the anodizing holds up on a surface that hasnt been touched by the cnc machinery.

AggiePhil

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I see what y'all are talking about now. I still don't think it's a big deal, but like I said, to each his own.

T4R06

Enlightened
@optics
so it means if im not a CPF member and bought the light not using CPF20, you can do the refund anytime or anyday because i just pay you standard price. i got you!
dont tell here that i did not pay EVEN CLOSE! i am a CPF member, and just did on what you post about you are selling discounted 20% off. and taking advantages for the price.

dont tell i did not pay even close man.

and what attitude you are talking about? did i say something personal to your customer service? if you are on my situation what will you do?

in fact the whole day im waiting for your response (email). i dont like this kind of hassle, so im withrawing my intention to take a full refund.

im still thingking if i send this to you take a refund 15%.

ill try to sell here, if no one cares about the rubbed bezel.

@bill
i did the comparison between L6 and L5. L5 is the winner. L6 is a little bit dim.

Thanks,
arwin

Last edited:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
It looks to me like someone tried to clean it with something that caused discoloration. Note in the first picture the surface of the white sticker appears to have gotten wet. I would just send it in to Surefire. I know whenever I buy a Sony digital camera the inside of the box always has a notice stating not to return it to the store if there is something wrong with it and to instead call Sony for repair.