Phoenix Electroforms

Thread: Help!

Flashaholic

Default Help!

Okay, so I want to give a buddy of mine a flashlight fro Christmas. Here's my problem.

The best lumens output for the price range I'm looking at are the Fenix L0P's. However, he cannot stand LED lights (He's a plumber, something about the light color being wrong when peeking down a drain.) This guy is tried and true incandescent. Nothing I can do will dissuade him from it.

So, I want to get a small (read: semi-cheap) incandescent light for him and a nice paracord lanyard (got the lanyard covered) But I don't want to attach some piece of crap maglite solitaire to it...

Help me out guys, what kind of incandescents are out there in the $20-$40 range that put out a decent amount of light??

Throw, flood, none of that really matters, I just want a nice amount of lumens...

Default Re: Help!

I like my G2 a lot. it would give a plumber nice color difference, eg not too red, not too blue, and it has a pretty good runtime(1 hour). it outputs 65 lumens, I got it @ Gi Joe's (pacific nw sporting goods store) for $36, I'm sure if you shopped around you could get it for around $25-$30, don't quote me on that though. btw, you might want to get some thicker o rings, as the water-tight seal leaves something to be desired on the G2, I'm gonna make a run to my hardware store in about 15 min for it. pm on the measurements if you want.
    laters,
    flash_bang
    No.... Maybe a 2nd job.... But that's about it. - Monocrom

G2 is too bright to look down a drain. It would blind you for sure.

I've been wanting to get an Ultrafire WF501A for myself for a while. I'm not sure why I haven't yet. I expect it's kinda like a poor mans Surefire 3P, or a Surefire E1e. I already have an E1e, and I like it a lot. With only a single three volt cell driving it, it won't win any prizes for being the brightest light out there. But, it's REALLY REALLY nice for a small incandescent. I'd recommend you give your friend an E1e, but it's way over your $40 budget.

So, try an Ultrafire WF501A. And let me know how you like it.
    http://www.szwholesale.com/ultrafire...ded-p-613.html

Also in your budget, you could also consider a Pelican M1 3310. It's also a single cell incandescent light. Battery Station sells them, and they also sell CR123A cells at a very reasonable price.
    http://www.batterystation.com/m1led.htm
    Last edited by Ty_Bower; 11-11-2006 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Flashaholic

OpticsHQ has discontinued E1winelilghts for $42 shipped. may not be exactly what you are looking for, but the price is right.
    check the dealers corner.

Flashaholic

Thanks for the replies! I went with the Ultrafire, not sure how much he'll enjoy buying 123's, but I'll make sure he knows where to get 'em cheap.

P.S. I ordered one for myself too! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tedjanxt
    Thanks for the replies! I went with the Ultrafire, not sure how much he'll enjoy buying 123's, but I'll make sure he knows where to get 'em cheap.

P.S. I ordered one for myself too! Lol!

When you get it let me know how it is, and maybe throw up a beam shot if you can. I might want to get one if they're good lights.