L2T vs. L2p on 123

arty

Enlightened
When I tried the Fenix L2P head on the 123 body, the light output did not change.

When I ran the L2T on the 123 battery, it was brighter on high and much dimmer on low. I measured this with a lux meter, and so it is not my imagination. The low decreased from about 480 lux at 30" to about 1/2, and the high went up about 200 lux.

Why? Does anyone have an idea?

I would expect reduced runtime with higher output - on high, but increased runtime on low.

Has anyone checked runtime?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm far from an expert on flashlight electronics but these are my thoughts. First off, the L2P has better (more) regulation than the L2T (on high). If you were running alkaline or even NiMh batteries in the L2s, you're likely to see a greater improvement in the L2T due to the higher electron flow from a lithium battery. The L2T is not regulated as much as the L2P. Gurus, please correct me if I am wrong or off track here, cause I have no idea why the L2T low would be lower. :thinking:

LowTEC

Enlightened
L2P has a lower regulation point which was designed for its 1W Luxeon, therefore you won't see much gain from the higher voltage lithium

L2T's regulation was designed for 3W - higher output and a 3.7V R123 will provide more and enough voltage than 1.2x2=2.4V NiMH

arty

Enlightened
I used AA lithiums in the AA bodies and a Surefire primary in the 123 body.
I figured that I should get the same output - with the same voltage...
Unless the Energizer lithium AAs don't put out as much juice.

Latest posts