Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store

Default Re: TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store

Quote Originally Posted by dtsoll View Post
    Yes, I want a couple of the clickys. Any idea when they will be available?? Doug
    I can't say for certain, especially with the holidays coming up. Delays happen. We've been waiting on the lenses for our Key-Lux AA Turboheads now for what seems like months and probably is.

We have made a design change to allow a two stage Mc2Es switch as well as McClicky switch to fit in the same new tail. Not at the same time of course I thought it might be nice to have the two stage option for guys running the Key-Luxs on regular AAs or with other single stage canisters.
    Last edited by Bogus1; 11-11-2007 at 10:32 PM.

2 stage clicky tailcap for Keylux please!

Any Keylux AA updates Eric?

Still waiting for a smaller 2 stage clicky...

Paypal ready!

PS: How do you usually ship to Canada?

We are currently working on the 20mm Heads. As these are running I will finish up the design for the Key-Lux AA Clicky. They should be much smaller than the last proto clicky switches that used the Kroll switch.

Chris

I've added these new items to the store:

TnC E2C E series Surefire tube to C Series Head Adaptor [HA-NAT]

Hyper-Lux V-Superflashlight II combat 18650 tubes [HA-Natural]

Hyper-Lux V-Superflashlight straight 18650 tubes [HA-Natural]

TnC C-Flex (bare aluminum only, I'll add the HA NAT parts hopefully tomorrow)

I restocked this item:

Luxeon Rebel [Select Bin NX0D] 100 lumens at 350mA

The Key-LuxAA TurboHeads have arrived! I must say these are really sweet and I'll try to post these in the store tomorrow. In about a month we should have the new click tails as well.

Any idea when you might have black SF series 18650 tubes back in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by acourvil View Post
    Any idea when you might have black SF series 18650 tubes back in stock?
    We are building more but I can't give a firm date. I expect in January.

I do have a question. We have been building tubes with the clicky switch built into the tube for some time now but haven't brought that over to the TnC SF-Series. Is this something that would be popular? This lowers the cost of the light overall and provides somewhat improved integrity as well. Otherwise the part pretty much looks the same, it's just the tail and tube is one piece. There is still the ability to lock out by turning the power pack (adaptor). Other than lock out, since the tube doesn't load through the tail this seems to make sense.

In addition we are planning on renaming the SF-Series the EDC-Flex Series. We have unfortunately created confusion with the "SF" which was never intended to have anything to do with "SF" folks use as an abbreviation for Surefire.
    Last edited by Bogus1; 12-16-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Any Keylux AA updates Eric?

Still waiting for a smaller 2 stage clicky...

Paypal ready!

PS: How do you usually ship to Canada?
    Sorry for my delayed response.

Here are a couple pics of a proto of our new tail click switch for the Key-Lux AA. This is a recessed tail so it will tail stand. Only the first operation has been machined so it's not complete at this stage. The two stage twist switch will look the same. We are going to be changing our nomenclature some time soon and this AA based Series of lights will become TnC Mini-Flex Series. The small head and twist tail are the standard parts TnC has been making for years. The large head is our new Turbo Head. With the large head and click tail the light enters more of the EDC realm than a key chain light at that point.

The bottom two pics show the anodized new TurboHead the fits the Key-Lux AA (Mini-Flex) lights. I will list these in the store today hopefully. This first batch will have the McR-19XR reflectors for use with Cree canisters. If you have a 19L reflector and wish to run different canisters (non Cree) then please let me know and I could sell an empty shell until I stock the 19L reflectors and heads.

Cool, very interested in the Keylux-AA click switch

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    I do have a question. We have been building tubes with the clicky switch built into the tube for some time now but haven't brought that over to the TnC SF-Series. Is this something that would be popular? This lowers the cost of the light overall and provides somewhat improved integrity as well. Otherwise the part pretty much looks the same, it's just the tail and tube is one piece. There is still the ability to lock out by turning the power pack (adaptor). Other than lock out, since the tube doesn't load through the tail this seems to make sense.
    Hmm . . . I've mostly stayed with separate switches to mainatain the ability to swap parts among lights. But I would consider bodies with integrated switches so long as I had the ability to replace parts if the switch went bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    Sorry for my delayed response.

Here are a couple pics of a proto of our new tail click switch for the Key-Lux AA. This is a recessed tail so it will tail stand. Only the first operation has been machined so it's not complete at this stage. The two stage twist switch will look the same. We are going to be changing our nomenclature some time soon and this AA based Series of lights will become TnC Mini-Flex Series. The small head and twist tail are the standard parts TnC has been making for years. The large head is our new Turbo Head. With the large head and click tail the light enters more of the EDC realm than a key chain light at that point.

Hello.

Just wondering, will there be a 2 stage clicky or is it only a 2 stage twisty? I am looking for some kind of 2 stage operation with a clicky.

It looks great so far!

A new name is nice to help distinguish the lines a bit.

Will there be any lanyard attachment on the clicky?
    Still looking for your shipping methods/costs to Canada...

This is a very nice light. I love the small nice and nice build, I just need/want at least 2 levels. More is nice, but I can live with 2 useful levels.

I was hoping for a clicky configuration like in post 178. it seems more compact, will this be available? I cant wait for my turbohead to arrive, it looks great in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggett View Post
    I was hoping for a clicky configuration like in post 178. it seems more compact, will this be available? I cant wait for my turbohead to arrive, it looks great in the pictures.
    Post #178 shows a twist tail and a kroll installed in a first generation Key-Lux AA. This was a head twisty light with a pill instead of a canister. The tail also was threaded on the ID to allow use of a Kroll. Our new tail switches won't work on these older Key-Lux AAs as the threading for the tail is on the OD. The new design allowed for candle mode use and for superior heatsinking with our canisters over the pill in order to allow higher drive levels. That required changing the light to a tail switch rather than head twisty light.

There are trade offs in every design. Going to an OD threaded tail allowed for the design of our own tail switch for better water proofing, performance, etc over the Kroll. I have to admit I still like the setup in post #178 because of the versatility. If there were sustained demand I guess we would build both designs but unfortunately we don't see that demand at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by acourvil View Post
    Hmm . . . I've mostly stayed with separate switches to mainatain the ability to swap parts among lights. But I would consider bodies with integrated switches so long as I had the ability to replace parts if the switch went bad.
    The switches will be threaded so they will be user serviceable.

Hi gunga,

I'm sorry I missed that part of your post. We ship USPS first class, priority and express.

We entertained the idea of building our own switches, including a two stage, however the only option is a resistored setup which doesn't seem optimal in this day of multi level boards. The rub is we don't have multi level boards to drive at 1.2v to fit our canisters. In order to do this we would have to build new tubes and canisters with a wider OD and this doesn't seem desireable either. We're still looking for the right parts.

mudman_cj (sp) is selling switches and resistors so you can mod the McClicky to two stages to work in our new tail caps. I know Kenster and LED Zepplin (sp) built some of these and perhaps they might help?

Ah, okay to clarify, you have single stage clickies coming that could be modded?

What are you describing when you mention a 2 stage twisty then?

I have a couple mclickies hanging around, perhaps a mod is possible. Even a resistored lower mode is better than no lower mode.

Yep, no multilevel 1.2V yet. Maybe later? (I'm not suggetsing making the tube bigger).

Hi gunga,

Yes I have single stage clicky tails with the McClicky installed which can be modded for two stage with tiny resistors.

The two stage twisty uses the Mc2Es resistored twist switch.

Currently our only options for a multi level UI board for NiMh are larger than our canisters will hold. I have had seen a luxeon Vf H binned LED driven by a single NiMh and a flupic, but that was a fluke.

Is there more info on the 2 stage twisty switch? The stock twisty is very stiff (2 o-rings), would the aftermarket one be the same (same 2 o-rings...)?

Hmmm, will have to look into the clicky mod.

Okay, did a bit more reading... The 2 stage twisty that uses the Mc2Es, is it also a press momentary (like a Surefire L1?). I'm unsure exactly how the Mc2Es works but it sound like a 2 stage twity with press momentary (looks good!).

You can swap out the guts and use a mcClicky too?

Okay, now i understand, Paypal locked and loaded, this sounds great!

I've decided to go ahead and just lower the price on the C-Flex HA-NAT tubes as shown in the link below. I've lowered the tube price by $8.50 due to (3) ano pin holes by the tail end. We paid that cost on these but instead of racking the parts on the ID they racked them on the OD in the anodizing process leaving these small marks. Doing parts over is a sketchy affair at best as often the parts come back worse. Other than the small rack marks these tubes look nice.

TnC C-Flex 1x C battery tube with clicky [HA-Natural]

Finally I'm looking! I'll be buying as well!! Some of the very finest work made today!! Happy New Year!!

Karl

Hi Eric,

The new Turbo Head for the Key-Lux AA (Mini-Flex) with the crenulated bezel looks great!
    The two-stage tailcap will make this very nice light even more usefull. The twisty gets my preference...
    Any idea when the canisters for the K2 will be available?

Freddy
    Last edited by Icarus; 01-12-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Hi Eric,

can I get an Approx price for the 2 stage twisty or single stage clicky for the TNC Keylux AA? I just want to know if this will work in my general budget scheme.

Thanks.

BTW, hope the office is okay after the snow!

Hi Freddy,

We need to make a whole new run of cansiters soon. Chris is going to try to see if we can't combine the Cree, Luxeon, and Seoul onto one canister, as well as the K2. The challenge will be to retain the self centering feature for all these LEDs. He's not sure if he can do that yet.

Otherwise he's going to do a small run to tide us over. These K2 canisters should be around in the next couple weeks. He just started machining the first operation for the protos of our new Micro-Flex N cell today.

The micro-Flex Cree and K2 canisters might be around at about the same time as well and might need populating

Hi Gunga,

The clicky should be $30ish, somewhere below $35. I'm not so sure on the two stage twisty as I'll have to price the Mc2Es into the equation so it will be more. I just don't know how much yet.

Flashaholic*

Bogus1

I have a TnC SF with a pill I got from you maybe 10 months ago - flupic with SSC P4. I have the 20mm head. Pretty sure I got the Mc20 reflector from you too. Is there a new pill available that is substantially brighter, or nothing quite yet?

Because of the length of this head, and the use of the Mc20 reflector, I am assuming that for existing head, I can't really use a Q5. Is this correct? And that therefore the Rebel 100 would be the latest greatest for this configuration, but I guess these emitters are difficult to come by right now. Seems it might be best to wait a while to upgrade my brightness. Comments?

Thanks,

Gary
    Brass Dragonheart, JHanko D10 17 trits, 2C Flex Dragon w/Aleph 3 Milky MCE, Mac 4Rebel Aleph custom, Ti Gatlight, 3xP7 LZ Megalennium, TNC aspheric, MC-E Gotham w/optic, Extreme Micro, BB Haiku XP-G, Kuku Volere & D10, Drake, FM 26650 w/ copper VIDSM quad

Gary, I am not Bogus 1, but my thoughts; the Seoul P4 has been the led to beat. The Cree Q5 probably does that, unless you have a steller Seoul P4. The Rebel 100 may beat a good Seoul P4, may not. Those people with a Cree P4, Q1,2, etc, can benefit from the Q5.

Bill

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Gary, I am not Bogus 1, but my thoughts; the Seoul P4 has been the led to beat. The Cree Q5 probably does that, unless you have a steller Seoul P4. The Rebel 100 may beat a good Seoul P4, may not. Those people with a Cree P4, Q1,2, etc, can benefit from the Q5.

Bill
    Bill

Yes, but my understanding is that the Cree Q5 requires a deeper reflector than the Seoul P4, and therefore if I want a Q5 in a light designed for the Seoul P4, a deeper reflector would be required which in turn would require a different head to accommodate the Q5 reflector. So I think that it is not so simple to upgrade my Seoul P4 lights to a Q5. I would need a new (longer/larger) reflector and a new (longer/larger) head for the reflector.

I donít know if this is available for my TnC SF, it might be. But Iím sure its not available for my HDS U60 or FF III.
    Last edited by Gary123; 01-16-2008 at 09:59 AM.
    Brass Dragonheart, JHanko D10 17 trits, 2C Flex Dragon w/Aleph 3 Milky MCE, Mac 4Rebel Aleph custom, Ti Gatlight, 3xP7 LZ Megalennium, TNC aspheric, MC-E Gotham w/optic, Extreme Micro, BB Haiku XP-G, Kuku Volere & D10, Drake, FM 26650 w/ copper VIDSM quad

Thanks Bill, I agree with your post.

Hi Gary, as much as I do like selling stuff, Iím not convinced I can give you a great reason to upgrade yet. I do have the R2 Cree bin LEDs I'm using to build canisters with, but your best bet would probably be to change heads to the 27mm Cree head if you made the change. There are advantages to the Cree but I'm not sure how you use your light to know whether you would benefit.

The Crees are happy driven hard and with the glass lens it allows you to use your light both with the head and as a flood beam all in one simply by removing the head. As long as you don't drop the light or get it wet you would be fine. With the gummy Seouls I don't like exposing them to the dust and they are vulnerable as they are soft. Also the Seouls would produce an excessive flood without a head, whereas the Cree projects its light forward.

Chris is building a handful of custom 20mm reflectors that will fit the Cree, but it's been said this doesn't produce the quality of beam other reflectors do.

The K2s and Rebels have been pulled off the market due to a product recall, including our own K2s so it will be spring or summer probably until these are an option again.

The Seouls do their best at the lower levels. If you are using your flupic on burst often and for long periods you would probably benefit from a Cree, or if you are seeing bluing in the Seoul you would benefit as well. The issue with the canister you have is that we could replace your emitter with a Seoul or a Luxeon; however the Cree won't fit. Chris has designed new canisters for the future that will fit both and allow a more comprehensive upgrade path. It's unfortunate how some of this comes about, but there's only so much predicting and control we have other these things. That is why we have designed our lights around canisters and other features, to put in our best effort at providing a modular system that can be upgraded simply by the end user.

Please let me know if I can help or if I've just added confusion