TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm selling some bare aluminum TnC SF-Series parts and lights. To attempt to make these sales easier and to prevent clogging CPF with a bunch of photos I've listed the items on the new TnC Products store for custom lights/parts. However as can be the case in trying to make things easier, the opposite may occur :duh2: so please be patient. Please post questions, special requests, and follow up with orders in this thread or on TnC Forums.

Soon I will have a specifications and explanation thread for the TnC SF-Series lights on TnC Forums where I can sticky the thread. In brief these lights are E series tail compatible to use your favorite tail cap. The current power packs allow the use of the TnC SF 20mm head with McR-20 reflector, the 27mm TnC SF head with the McR 27L reflector, and with the three VIP heads, including the 3" BBH for the ultimate in throw. Future power packs will be built to accommodate further head configurations. There will soon be released a small run of power packs to fit the Aleph heads, however these will not work with the Aleph LEs, rather they will work with the TnC canisters as shown below.

Below you see the E series TnC SF tail, 18650 tube, power pack, canister holding the converter and emitter which is reverse threaded into the power pack, and the 20mm head w/bezel. Missing from the photo are the o-rings, reflector, lens and tail cap assembly. These tail caps are available as a clicky with the Mclicky switch and rubber boot, or as a single stage twisty.

dscn1119qy0.jpg

Below is a 20mm TnC SF light with a 18650 tube and a short (protruding switch/boot) tail cap.

dscn1118ie0.jpg

Below are the available tube sizes: CR2, CR123, 18500, AA and 18650. There are canisters available to nicely drive LEDs on AA batteries.

TnC SF-Series lights come in limited quantities of bare aluminum, black HA and Natural HA. Below is a NAT 27mm TnC SF head with the 27L reflector.

dscn1115qx4.jpg

Cree and Seoul as well as other custom builds of the canisters are available as well.

Last edited:

Regentag

Banned
Re: TnC SF-Series bare aluminum parts/lights and new TnC online store

Wow! Chris's work is top notch - I've been hooked on TnC since I scored my first Lith-Lux V.
The SF-Series really brings new meaning to the "LEGO-Light" concept.

These bare Alu pieces are beeeeeautiful, and will go well with some other SF stuff in my parts bin (a/k/a shoebox).
Put me down for (I think I got the prices right):

$31.50 tube CR123 (bare)
$33.00 protruding twisty (bare)
$29.50 power pack (bare)
$49.50 20mm head (bare)
$33.50 tube 18500 (HA-Nat)

PayPal incoming... And let's talk about a Pop2 Lux V Lava Lamp :rock:

Crees? We don't need no stinkin' Crees!

ianb

Enlightened

Bogus1 :paypal: for a Lavalamp (#1 from the photo's)

thanks, Ian :)

trivergata

Enlightened

So are these Surefire E-series compatable? Will the 18650 body just hook right up to my Aleph/Surefire stuff?

Josh

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

No 18mm tube with an E series tail will hook straight up to a Surefire E series or Aleph head because the threaded area at the head would be too thin and would be weak. You need a split body tube to have an 18mm battery work with an E series if it also has an E series tail because you need to load the wide battery somewhere. I have a small run of Aleph compatible power packs that will fit Aleph heads, but these will not fit Surefire E series heads because these power packs are made to use the TnC canisters instead of the Aleph LEs. You can think of the power packs as canister holders and adaptors all in one and yes in the future there will be several varieties to run a large number of different heads on the TnC SF-Series lights. I do intend to have a two part tube that will mate directly to Aleph heads with Aleph LEs, as well as directly to the Surefire E series heads.

trivergata said:
So are these Surefire E-series compatable? Will the 18650 body just hook right up to my Aleph/Surefire stuff?

Josh

Regentag

Banned

Got my 'goodie bag' today ... top notch! :rock:

Cheers,

ianb

Enlightened

Thanks Bogus1, I just got my new Lava Lamp today, its awesome, the throw of the McR-27 is excellent! I will post a pic later, I love the annodsing too, its my first light which is made to look cool as well as work well :D

thanks, Ian

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've added or restocked the items below to the TnC Online Store. I thought I'd post because several of the new items have already almost sold out.

TnC SF-Protruding Twisty Tail Cap (HA-Natural)
TnC SF-CR2 Tubes (HA-Black)
TnC SF-20mm Heads (HA-Black)
TnC SF-27mm Heads (HA-Natural)
TnC SF-27mm Heads (HA-Black)
TnC Ti-Bezels for 27mm Heads
TnC Canister keys
TnC 27mm Bezel Key
Kroll Switches
McClicky Switches and boots
CO-30 Holster Clip on Holster for Hyper-Lux III size lights
CO-137 Holster Clip on Holster for AA size lights 6
400mA Buck/Boost 400mA Buck/Boost (SX0H) 1.2v - 9v Max complete canister LEs for Key-Lux AA and TnC SF-Series lights

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've added the items below to the TnC Online Store. Some of these are in short supply.

TnC SF Black HA power packs
TnC SF Natural HA power packs
TnC SF Black Aleph head (only) compatible power packs
TnC SF Natural Aleph head (only) compatible power packs
TnC SF bare Aleph head (only) compatible power packs
TnC SF Black HA protruding clicky tail caps (E-series)
TnC SF NAT HA protruding clicky tail caps (E-series)
TnC SF Recessed NAT clicky tails (E-series)
TnC SF Recessed Black clicky tails (E-series)
Cree (and Luxeon) compatible TnC cans and O-ring spacers (for focal adjustment)

I'll try to get some photos up for these parts today/tonight.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Eric,

I'd like the following;

2 x NAT TnC SF power packs for TnC SF-Series heads
2x NAT TnC SF-Series recessed clicky tails
1x bezel key
1x canister key
2x cree canisters

Thanks,

TB

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta read this a bit more Eric. TNc stuff some of the very best from my perspective. "I'll be back". :lolsign:
Karl

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
Nice looking parts! :thumbsup:

Thanks Don, that means a lot coming from you! Of course it doesn't hurt we use the best off the shelf parts as well such as your reflectors and switches:)

Zman, I'll try to get the pics up in the next day or so. Things have become really busy and until I get the satellite working I'm relying on dail up.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
I'll have to stick with my original order because funds running low again ;(

1 x TnC canister for mounting a Cree or Luxeon LED and converter 18.00
1 x Rubber Switch Boot 5.00
1 x TnC SF Natural HA power pack 30.50
2 x TnC SF Natural HA recessed clicky tail cap 72.00
--------------------------------------------------
Total = 125.50

:paypal:

Thx,
ernest

Last edited:

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Eric,
Can you post a picture of the "TnC SF power pack to fit Aleph heads". I would like to see how it looks when installed.

thx,
ernest

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
The package arrived today Eric...

I assembled a whole light, without a LE, just to see how it will look...It's really a high quality set-up, the fit and finish of all the parts I ordered is superb. I thought you may have sent me the wrong cell tubes, the 18650 tube blends perfectly with the head, and the switch...the O.D. of the 18650 tube had me fooled into thinking you've sent 123a x2 cell tubes...I grabbed a 18650 off the shelf, and sure enough, it fits perfectly.

I would also like to see a completed Cree LE, if possible...Those little cans are so nicely made I don't want to screw them up, by doing something incorrectly.

Thanks,

TB

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
vacuum3d said:
Eric,
Can you post a picture of the "TnC SF power pack to fit Aleph heads". I would like to see how it looks when installed.

thx,
ernest

img0264dx4.jpg

I love this stuff... :grin2:

-DF