Other options for a Surefire E-series Clickie?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've sent in an KL4 to Surefire for replacement and am expecting it back... sometime.

In the mean time I'm looking into alternatives to Surefires own clickie tailcap, which I have but doesn't work. I've had a nose around and have seen various options but links are out of date, or threads are old so I'm not sure what is actually available.

So, what are my options for a e-series clickie? I don't two stage, just, just on and off :D

Cheers,
Patrick

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Doh! I thought I'd checked Lighthound, why didn't I see that! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link.

Patrick

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've too switched over the the McClicky after repeated problems with Surefire's tailcap. Got mine from Lighthound too.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Got a McClicky for my L4 and E1L. Huge improvement and no danger of accidental activation in pocket!
Doesn't look too bad either!
mccl4.jpg

mcce1la.jpg

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
I am going to have to go that route too.

Surefire REALLY needs to address the tail-clicky issue...or, maybe they have and I don't know about it?

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Kiessling said:
Great pics !!!
Thanks!:)
straightblast said:
I am going to have to go that route too.

Surefire REALLY needs to address the tail-clicky issue...or, maybe they have and I don't know about it?
They might. The TC on my very recent L4 is excellent and feels much different from the one on my (a year or so) older E1L.
I think Al (Size15's) mentioned that SF had changed some of the insides of the Z57 to another material. Definetely feels like it.
Actually, I wasn't unhappy at all with the function of the original TC's, but I prefer not having to worry about the light turning on when I sit down, etc!:)

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
WoAH!!!

the pictures ARE DANG DANG NICE!!!!

i like it alot!!!!!!

saved it in my comp, nuff say.

it looks almost unreal! like something in final fantasy...
the texture is like FF!

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Those pics are just what I needed to see, thanks Porcupine!

One McClicky coming up :D

Cheers all,
Patrick

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Whilst we are on the subject of your pictures, can I ask you what lighting setup you use? I love the natural tone, just right for the subject matter.

Cheers,
Patrick

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Hellz said:
Whilst we are on the subject of your pictures, can I ask you what lighting setup you use? I love the natural tone, just right for the subject matter.

Cheers,
Patrick
Sure! It's just my 1. floor office/toyroom window and a notepad for reflection/shadow softening. Both pics shot on a cloudy day.
If at all possible, I prefer using natural light.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to the recessed switch, accidential activation isn't likely. Like any other, you could twist it back enough to be sure.