NOOB: Please be kind

Gran Nismo

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, this is Granni. I have always had a light fetish, whether it was retroing my car headlights to a true OEM HID Retrofit or wasting money on them ebay 40, 50 LEDs torch. I learned my lesson to never buy them ebay junk torch leds.

What I have found on my limited research was this Mag85 with 800 lumens, and some of blackbears lights. Both look of excellent quality.

What are some decent flashlights? Please input battery life, lumens, links and other relevant information.

Visit my website for links to my light fetish.

http://www.gotnismo.net/Movies/Projects/HID%20Projectors/

Please sign the guestbook if you do, thanks!

- Granni

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I agree with Matrix - that's how I got started - Doug @ Flashlightreviews.com is an active member of CPF (Quickbeam), and his page is such an enormous wealth of information on flashlights.
You can ask it what kind of bulb you want, and sort it by ratings, by battery types, by manufacturere, etc.. He goes through a lot to review these lights, including runtime vs. brightness charts, photos, comments on build quality, and so many other things.
Chances are that if a light on FLR gets 4-5 spots as a rating, that a lot of CPF'ers wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
john

Gran Nismo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I did go there before, and I liked what I saw.

I was hoping to get more information on the modified flashlights and MAG bodies out there, like the Mag85. I know it throws 800 blinding lumens, but how long does it last at that output? I know bears search and rescue 852 last 67 minutes.

I was looking at a 6d maglite, and the elux led module for 350 lumens, but it does not list how long that will run for. Regardless which flashlight I decide to buy, I will still get a 6D for dual purpose.

- Granni

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Gran Nismo said:
I was hoping to get more information on the modified flashlights and MAG bodies out there, like the Mag85. I know it throws 800 blinding lumens, but how long does it last at that output? I know bears search and rescue 852 last 67 minutes.

that will depend mostly on the type of cells you're planning to use.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Don't expect any half-decent incandescent light to run for more than an hour at a respectable output. Some of the really high-powered hotwires (the ones you can start a fire with) run for a few minutes only.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gran Nismo said:
What are some decent flashlights? Please input battery life, lumens, links and other relevant information.
- Granni

Here is a link to one of the best resources for a flashlight education: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/index1.html Perhaps you could browse there a bit and read a few of the informative articles to see just what kind of light you are looking for and for what purposes. These preferences will help folks here on CPF in making helpful suggestions towards your purchases. :)

Gran Nismo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help folks. With the information here, I have decided to go to batteryspace and pick up my 10k 6 d cell NiMh batteries and charger there. I also have ordered my 6D maglite with holster, and holding brackets as it will be in the car.

Now all I need is to find a decent flashlight to fit in my hands that is compact versus this giant I will be receiving.

Oh yeah, I will be buying the Elux LED for the maglite, 175/350 lumens at half/full power. They had the 3 watt TeraLux for $40, but I decided to pass on that and take the plunge on the Elux. I will have vids and pics of this setup once I receive it.

I did not know that you cannot leave the NiMh batteries stored for a long period without charging it again. What other tips are there for battery health?

- Granni