DIY 200mw red laser from DVD Burner

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't see this one here yet or in the archives:
http://www.felesmagus.com/pages/lasers-howto.html
The laser pictured above has a peak output measured at 225 mW (average output 200 mW). It's a visible red at about 650nm. It can light matches, pop balloons, cut electrical tape, and so forth. It can do pretty much anything a Pulsar 150 from Wicked Lasers can do, because it's basically the same thing. The only differences? This laser was home-made, and cost about 1/3 the price.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I saw this at another forum a day or two ago... That beiotch of bad ***. I have a 10 to 40mW from Axis. I wonder If I can grab a better diode and put it in my tube and mount it in a heat sink. It's got it's own power supply. I need a 100mw for my laser projector... :thinking:

dr_lava

Enlightened
Don't forget our group buy for 100mW red lasers.. I am currently in talks with Axiz and another two suppliers for the lens. Should be a VERY good deal in the end! see link below.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
dr_lava said:
Don't forget our group buy for 100mW red lasers.. I am currently in talks with Axiz and another two suppliers for the lens. Should be a VERY good deal in the end! see link below.

SPAMMER!!!
spam4.gif
spam4.gif
spam4.gif

:lolsign: You're just selling the diodes right? I need to make a 150 to 200mW analogue modulated module. Can these do it? And fo you know what else is needed to complete this project?