Just Saying Hi

gdhumphreys

Newly Enlightened
I found this site about a week ago doing a search for battery tests, and thought I would register and say hello.

I figured there had to be other people out there with battery and flashlight obsessions, I just didn't guess that there was a site dedicated to us. By the way, my wife thanks everyone here for helping me discover Surefire flashlights. I will be ordering the L7 LumaMax next week, and I've already put myself down for one of the NiMh B90 replacements that Silverfox is working on.

Until now I've been more obsessed with rechargeable batteries than flashlights (but it looks as though that may change). I have a La Crosse BC-900 charger (v. 32--no problems after more than a year of use, but I do not leave it unattended anymore), a Maha C204W, a Maha C801D, and I pre-ordered the Maha MH-9000 the day Thomas Distributing put the link up for it.

I also have a CBAII battery analyzer (a recent purchase), and I have been testing the sanyo eneloop batteries.

So, hello to all, and I hope to get a lot of valuable information here.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and Welcome. I just ordered the L4 lumamax and have been waiting for about a month now...(sounds like they are backed up due to mass orders from our armed forces) Let us know how you like the eneloop batteries. Seen a few posts here about them. I think I have more nimh batteries than I have things to put them in!!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum gdhumphreys!
I'm sure you'll have a good time.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welome! This site introduced me to custom flashlights and I will be forever grateful!

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF

Two bits of advice:

1 - Take a picture of your wallet - so you can look back @ it later and reminisce about how it used to have cash in it :naughty:

2 - The choice is easy - Just buy both! :whistle: