• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS-McLux III-PD

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
This PD is the black/slate version, with the original style pocket clip, and a bright green tritium vial in the piston (At the time I elected not to get the Ti clip because I was planning on making my own damascus clip...but never got around to it). As you can see in the photo, I also bought the Ti bezel. BTW-The emiter is a TWOJ (set at normal levels).

I used this light only for a short while. It was during a period when I was buying a number of lights and I ended up EDCing the Chameleon that I bought not long after I purchased this one. The PD has (literally) been sitting on a shelf ever since.

It has very subtle marks from the short-term use, but with one exception...I tripped over my dog one night and the light fell on its edge, leaving a nice-size mark (see photo...left edge). Aside from that one mark it looks quite good and it functions beautifully (at both levels) producing a bright, warm light (typical of TWOJ).

When I bought it new, my cost including the Ti bezel was $275. Because of the mark I'm only asking $195 (I'll toss in a fresh CR123 cell), and that includes shipping and insurance in the ConUS ...If you're outside the US I'll want you to cover the nominal extra cost. I prefer Paypal. Send to dgreenbaum at comcast dot net

First "I'll take it" gets it.

Thanks,

Dennis Greenbaum :cool:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Free bump, that wear looks like the same wear Ive gotten from beating up on mine over the past year or so. Just think people, you don't have to worry about carrying a mint example of this light! Abuse it! Hope the dog was ok!

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
that wear looks like the same wear Ive gotten from beating up on mine over the past year or so.

I doubt if I carried my PD for more than a few weeks. It's too bad about the one mark, otherwise it looks quite good.

BTW- I forgot to mention that I got it with the red O-ring inside the bezel. Looks cool! :)

Dennis Greenbaum :cool:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
This gotta be the steal of the week.
I'm feeling weak. Trigger finger half way pressed.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
E-mail sent.
My Interest is strong waiting for responce before commitment. I feel responsible about this particular peice since I talked dennis into it and he was never really happy with it.
What the heck
Ill Take it.
Yaesumofo
PayPal incomming dennis.

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
OK James...It's yours. Thanks.

:sold:

Paypal received with the special instructions. I'll get it out today.

So...I guess that brings your total of PD's to what...3 or 4 now? More?

BTW: Regarding your request for the "other" damascus clip... Sorry, but I wound up making only the one...for you! So far you've got the one and only custom-made, Greenbaum damascus clip. ;)

Thanks again for taking the light off of my hands.

Dennis :cool:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks and no problem. It is destined for modification by 4x7 and a cree emitter. It is a perfect candidate.
Oh and that clip will be mine forever. As far as I know it is the very first damascus steel used on any flashlight ever.
I could be wrong about that but I do not think so.
That makes it historical.
Thanks
Yaesumofo

Osprey_Guy said:

BTW: Regarding your request for the "other" damascus clip... Sorry, but I wound up making only the one...for you! So far you've got the one and only custom-made, Greenbaum damascus clip. ;)

Illum

Flashaholic
Stillphoto said:
Hope the dog was ok!

like all dog lovers we have here:rock:, you concern the dog over Osprey_Guy:grin2:, im not saying its mean, but heck....Osprey_Guy could've fell down the stairs while the dog's just a bit rolled over on the floor.:laughing::)

been there when my grandmas dog was still alive....:ohgeez::(

relating to thread...
jeezez, im surprised it took that long to sell it, at <$200 its a awesome deal, if i hadnt already have one, i'd bought this! :wave:

small dink at the other end on mine...but only I tripped over my backpack:lolsign:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
One black edc Ubin. My first PD. One of my alternating EDC's
One stock natural. A backup for my first PD. Still brand new never cared lives in a leather sock made by Art of The Hide.
One McluxIII TI (nonPD) with the only Greenbaum damascus clip in the world. made for me by Osprey Guy (Thanks Den!). One of not many. Used rarely. Way too nice and too rare for me to EDC yet. It lives in an elephant holster made by Matt at Art of the hide.
One Ti PD My alternate EDC. I love this light. Many of the owners of these lights will not carry these. I love EDCing this light. It is bright as hell and is my perfect edc. Lately I have been carrying these in CONCEALCO holsters made to order for me. Talk about high quality. If you guys get a chance to have a look at these holsters. They are perfect for PD's and Aleph series flashlights. I am going back and forth between lanyard carry and using a holster. Some times I go out with both. What a flashlight geek/nerd I am.

In a week or two a McluxIII PD with a Cree will join the bunch.
This should be good.

Yaesumofo

Osprey_Guy said:

Last edited: