So, where did Darell go?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
He is in China. Trying to figure out what handle to pull in the turlet and looking for a fast internet connection.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh... I thought he was answering the annual migration call of the mystical cow creatures and making his way to their ancestral stomping grounds...
wink.gif

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Ah SO.

will he be the one in front of the tank?

is he on vaykay or work or what?

Saaby

Flashaholic
He's there with his wife and daughter, that's all we know. He'll be back Monday, as far as we know he's still alive and his Arc (Excuse me, Arcs) is still working.

**EDIT**
Oh yeah, he told me he was disconnecting the battery pack on his EV while he was gone.

Brock

Flashaholic
I heard he was driving on the freeway and his batteries went dead and he is stuck there, charging them back up with a 5 watt panel.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Darell

Flashaholic
No brock, I'm pedalling the batteries up to full capacity. Actually.... thanks for reminding me about the EV, guys. I did disconnect the pack, and I need to go juice the thing up. It really likes to be fully charged, and it looses about 1% a day just sitting there.

I just finished three weeks travelling through China with my entire family of 16. What an adventure! I'm sure stories will be spilling out of me as soon as I have a bit of time to reassimilate. Feel free to tell about the juicy bits that I've missed, 'cause there is no way to catch of up on three weeks of posts around here anymore!

I NEVER changed a battery in a single light. The reason? Most all of my long-light chores were done with the Freelight. I have quite a bit of respect for those little guys now. Just wish they had constant-on!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Darell! Welcome back
smile.gif

I can't speak for everyone but I can type for them all (Hardy har har) when I say we missed that little Silver EV around here.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Feel free to tell about the juicy bits that I've missed, 'cause there is no way to catch of up on three weeks of posts around here anymore!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Umm...where to start? CPF got upgraded, I guess. I think you missed that bit, right? You should be having fun with all the new features now though..

There was a minor 'incident' today too, which you just missed..

Oh yeah, you probably want to read through the 'Arc Flashlight new products Winter 2002' (or something like that) thread in the Arc forum - some meaty stuff there.

Hmm. What else did you miss? Just that brief special release of a titanium Arc AAA Peter did - the one with a dimmer..
grin.gif

Naah, just kidding. It didn't have a dimmer...
tongue.gif

Graham

Edit: Doh! Someone beat me to it. Great minds think alike, I guess.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by witsend:
Oh no! did Darell miss the limited edition Arc LS with DIMMER?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My savings account is a lot lighter but...well come to think of it my life is a whole lot lighter too! Beaut this Arc LS LE is
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah I've been hearing you tooting the Arc horn lately, Ryan. Couple of your posts sounded just like mine, in fact. True convert, I'm pleased to see.

Heck, I didn't miss the LSD (that would be LS-Dimmer) unit. I thought YOU guys had. I'm glad we all got one.

(just for grins, I edited the spelling of my name in the title...)

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
at least I cared enuff to ask....
smile.gif

I went in 1981, would love to compare experiences...

Darell

Flashaholic
No harm no foul. I think more people get my name's spelling wrong than right anyway.

Country is the same size as before - just more people crammed into it. And now 5M of them need to scramble for higher ground as the Yangtzee River begins flooding at the end of 2002.