E2e vs. M2 - esp. shock resistance... (???)

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
I have an M2. I purchased it over the standard E2 for its water resistance and shock resistance (the 120 Lum option was a + too
wink.gif
) . The E2e seems to have many of the features of the M2 (lock-out, Pyrex, HA, water resist, etc.)...but I have not seen anywhere that its bezel is shock resistant. I assume that it is not...but IF IT IS, it would be the ultimate light for me. Can anyone speak to the issue of the relative shock resistance of the E2e vs. the M2???

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2e makes no pretence of being shock isolated. As far as how much shock it will take before it goes south....you'll have to see if Al has gotten into a throwing contest with it yet.
xyxthumbs.gif
TX

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have a spare E2e but that's a pre-production sample of the E2e-Alpha and I'm NOT going to be field-testing that!

I would assume based on previous experience of the E2 that because it is so much smaller and light-weight, it would be more resilient to drops and shocks compared to the C2/D2/Z2.

Without having field-tested the E2e or E2, I would say that it appears from everyday use to be easily as resilient as the G2. I have field-tested the G2 and was surprised at how well it handles shocks (drops, knocks and such)

Al

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once lent out my E2 to a bunch of kids to "play with". It was returned with a damaged bezel rim, a sign that it had been thrown forcefully against a hard surface. (Never again will I lend out a good light to kids ...... )

Despite that, it was still working, and has worked fine in the 6 months since. This is with the same 60 Lu MN03 that has survived a multitude of falls. Either I got lucky and have an indestructible MN03, or the E2 is tough just as it is.

lightlover
shocked.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
smile.gif

Spidey82

Enlightened
My E2 have the same LA for almost a year now....
drop it many times, as if it was design and fated to....
smile.gif

Linfeng

Latest posts