What lights do you want to "complete" your colection?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wanting to post this for a while. Post what you want, and why!

I think that, as new lights come out, I will always want them, but right now, here is my list:

-SureFire E2e - I don't really "need" this light, my Legend fits this spot, I just want one - It seems to be a "must have" for any true flashoholic. Well built, small, cool, way smaller than the Legend LX.

-SureFire M3 - Esp with the high power bulb, I think this would be a great light to keep on you when walking in the wilderness, not for general illumination, but to "spot" something. Really powerful (esp with the high power bulb), yet small enough to fit in your pocket.

-SureFire M6 - I will never "need" this light, it is a flashoholic "must have" light.

-At least one light from every CPF "mod'der". So far, I have one from Lambda and Elektrolumens. They have been very well built, reliable (so far), bright lights, at moderate prices, and GREAT service!

-Any new release of an ARC AAA "LE", assuming that there is a brightness increase and/or run time increase. Just a run time increase does not interest me, (unless it was a HUGE increase!), but brightness increases DO interest me!

-A Streamlight SL-20x with a Streamlight SL-35X bulb, with recharger, mounted into my truck. This combo does not get a lot of press, and I think this would be "the bomb" in lights. A 20 watt, 100 hour rated bulb, with 40,000 CP, but at 20 watts, it is putting out some wide, bright light. I know that the UltraStinger has a rating of 75,000 CP, but that is because it is a narrower beam. The US has a 10 watt, 30 hour bulb, compared to the 20 watt, 100 hour bulb, there is, in my opinion, no comparison!

- The ARC LS version 3. The 5 watt LS version.

- Maybe a lightwave 4000, just to have the super long runtime.

- Any future LS headlamp that anyone makes.

- Any future 5 watt Legend LX mod that our mod'ds create!

- The as of yet unreleased SureFire A2.

- Maybe a Streamlight Scorpion and a Streamlight Stinger (some version of it, the small, "belt mounted" versions). However, these would be the last lights I would buy.

I really think that we are going to see a lot of new products and new inovations in the next couple of years, esp with the LED lights.

What about yall?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
My dang collection compared to most people who collect things is like they have a savings account while I have a charge card (you know, "revolving" credit?), 'cept my flashlight cabinet has a revolving door. I buy stuff, play with'em for a bit or use them for comparison tests, realize I'm never going to use them after that, and sell'em off. To raise cash for the next few. You know how that is.

There are some lights I've acquired that I'll never let go, but they are few and far between...

Size15's

Flashaholic
Please keep this flashlight related.

LEDs products, spotlights, HID, Mods have forums to discuss them.

Which flashlights would be useful if I was to start a collection?

(aside from SureFires right now)

TigerLite (non-spray)
UltraStinger
SL35X
UKE SL6

Along with my Surge and UKE-2L, these six flashlights would be the backbone if I was to start a collection.

Al

Saaby

Flashaholic
Al, I respectfully disagree with you. Why? Because it would be silly to have one of these floating around in every forum and because I want an Arc LS so I am going to list it here.
There. It's been said, end of discussion, this is not going to turn into a flame war.

Torches/Flashlights/etc. I'd life to have
(In no paticular order)

Surefire E2e and/or A2
Surefire X10
grin.gif

Arc LS
Arc AAA CPF edition
Maxabeam

My mind suddenly goes blank, but do not worry...CPF has an edit button, or in other words, I'll add to my list as I see fit to.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be ok to list whatever lights you want to "complete" your collection, be it incandecent, LED, HID, florscent, spotlight or whatever.

As long as the discussion did not meander into a discussion of "why XXX led is good or bad" I would think it would be ok.

As this is the "General Flashlight and headlight discussion", and we would be discussing flashlights (all kinds) in general.

I am just interested in seeing what is on other people's "wish list"!

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm..

My current wants are:

SF M6
X990

But I don't really need these enough to justify buying them at their usual price, so I just keep on looking for the chance to get them on sale or something - it could happen! That's how I got my M4..

I also want a cheaper rechargeable spotlight, but haven't really decided what way to go with that yet.

I have plenty of smaller lights, so no urgent need to buy in that area.

Graham

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
I buy stuff, play with'em for a bit or use them for comparison tests, realize I'm never going to use them after that, and sell'em off. To raise cash for the next few. You know how that is.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is an acceptable answer! My brother-in-law does this with video games. Right now he has had the X-box for about a year and a half, but before that, he was always buying some other game or game system (often in japanese, as he would want it before the amrerican version hits the streets), and then would sell it to his friends.

He is always buying and selling.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I seriously doubt that I'll ever "complete" my collection (...in the 5 months I've been a CPFer, my collection has gone from 17 lights to 53 lights, and the "hunger" is nowhere near being satisfied!!!), there are a couple I'd really like to add to it:

UltraStinger
ARC LS
UKE SL6
Lambda SF E1 Luxeon Mod

If I could get my hands on these 4, I think I'd be able to at least "back off" for a while. I'd HAVE to, or risk bankruptcy!!!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Big Tex

Enlightened
I'd like a SureFire M-6 and like BuddTx, I would like to try the Streamlight 20x with the 35x bulb. I'll probably buy the 20x before the SF. My experience with the Streamlight rechargeables indicates that's the way to go.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here they are in order.

1 X10
2 M6
3 A2
4 LS3
5 X990
6 Maxa Beam

Then I will be satisfied! (get real maybe for a week or two!!!!)

rlhess

Enlightened
An UltraStinger would be nice to play with, but I can't justify it.

Any HID light (maybe the X990?) would be fun, also.

I don't NEED any more lights, and I don't really see how many of these would be used a lot. I'm finding I'm not using all the ones I bought since joining CPF, but they're nice to have!

Most used: Arc sLS, SF E2e, PT Aurora,
UKE SL6, Lambda Illuminator, MiniFlashLed

Cheers,

Richard

Cheers,

Richard

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Complete? Never! But, it would certainly be very fulfilled indeed by:

MaxaBeam! (oh yes!
grin.gif
)
Mcculloch X990
SureFire-
-M6
-M4
-G2Z
-10X
-A2 (when it`s released)
Streamlight Ultrastinger
Lightwave 3000
A commercial 5 watt Luxeon Star LED light (mainly to see if that particular technology is viable as a portable compact handheld torch or not- I hope it does, but have doubts).

shocked.gif
grin.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
I just ordered two UKE lights...a 4AA (having the safety certifications was a plus in this case over the depth rating of the Q40) and a 2L since I've been suggesting these to people, I thought I should have samples <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

Tombeis

Enlightened
You all know we ar just kidding ourselves when we say this light, or this group of flashlights would complete our collection.

This addiction like all addictions is on going, most likely until the day they plant us. Plus, unlike other addictions, there is no "Twelve Step Program" available to effect a cure.(Nor do any of us want a cure).

Also, there are too many ways of tempting us to ever effect a self cure.

For instance:

The internet with all it's dealer sites and of course this forum and the Surefire Board, and all the flashlight pages of members.

Then there is the local temptation right in you own neighborhood. Walmart, KMart, Sears, Target, etc.

I my case, Brightguy is about a 25 minute drive from where I live. Every time I stop by, Greg says,"Tom, look what just came in." I am usually hooked. Just think about those poor guys that live a few blocks from Surefire,Arc,Streamlight and on and on.

"What lights do you want to complete your collection?

I don't think so.

FNG

Enlightened
I have a Surge, 2L, Scorpion, Arc AAA, Attitude, and Aurora.

I want to get an SL6, E2e HA, and Inova X5-T. The SL6 will probly get more use if I get it because of the brightness and reach.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What lights do you want to \"complete\" your colection?

So it's almost been a year how is everyone doing on there list?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: What lights do you want to

I never got into this thread back when it was started (I might not even have been here yet!)...

But in a years time I have added quite a few lights!

Only thing I'm pretty sure I'll still have to get one day is an E2 or E2E. Just because.

I don't really dream of any HID stuff.

I have a long burn 1w 3D from Electrolumens, and a 5w SNII from Mr. Bulk along with a 1w Madmax from Wayne! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I have LEDs covered pretty good also with Attitude, Impact, LW2100, SL 3C 10LED, Rebel 2AA, Rebel 2D etc. And a couple generic 2AA lights with 3N and Green LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Incandescent is covered by PT40, G2, LX, PM6, SL StingerHP, several lanterns etc. as well as modded M*gs that are honkin' bright! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Should have the best of both worlds next Wednesday or so when my SL 3C Twin Task arrives from Brightguy (Tina is TOPS to deal with!)

So put me down as needing an E2 to "complete" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif my collection.