Some kind of Surefire

white_feather

Newly Enlightened
I saw a pic somewhere of what I thought was a rare Surefire light that had a body like a pineapple. It had rough edges perhaps? I recall people saying it was not pocket friendly due to sharp edges. I have a fascination with Surefires at the moment and am looking for one unique peice to acquire like a purple colored one or something. Let me know what is cool, rare or unique. Thanks from a newbie.

bones_708

Enlightened
The "Purple" surefires are called wine lights. If you want one you can find them around tho they do go for a little premium. Try ebay or here in the sell forum.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

Perhaps you saw the L6 Porcupine?
PK-0001.jpg

Shelby Chan Photo

The edges aren't sharp but the grip it excellent!

Every once in a while SureFire released a few coloured versions of some of its models. The classic 6P the top example of this.

These special SureFires are rather difficult to get hold of but they sometimes appear for sale on CPF's buy/sell/trade forums.

These (mine) are not for sale:
P27.jpg

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi White Feather,

Firstly, welcome to the CPF!

Secondly, I agree with you that it is nice to own one collectible light.

Just this year I bought a SureFire Kroma Milspec with the PK etching on the body. It is my favorite light.

Best of luck on your search and please feel free to share with us what you decide to purchase.

All My Best,
John

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard whitefeather.

Yes the L6 Porcupine certainly took my eye aswell (not literally) I love the look of the light but just not quite in my price range.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Al,

I just wanted to say I think that it is an awesome collectible that your light pictured above has your SIZE15 name on it.

Regards,
John

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sixpointone said:
Al,

I just wanted to say I think that it is an awesome collectible that your light pictured above has your SIZE15 name on it.

Regards,
John
Thanks John - It is a gift from PK and my most special flashlight!