Fifthunit's "Perfekt" MP4 player?

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
Has anyone had any experience with this thing? I have a friend who's obsessed with iPod Nanos and I wanna know if this thing works at all.
For those who have it, how's the sound quality?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the one found on eBay under "NEW 2GB i-Media MP3/MP4/Pod/FM/WMA 2 GB Player Black". The accessories are exactly like the ones that came with another and free noname player I got the other day from Staples.
Sound quality on most of these seem to be a quality of the earphones however.
I suspect that, like the flashlights, a lot of chinese companies are buying pieces and parts and putting them together with something to make them a bit different. Mine has a real on/off switch and a pushbutton record on the side. You can do all this by navagating the nice little screen but the buttons are quicker.
Since Apple sells sizzle, the one you are looking at is probably closer to a good value than the iPods will ever be. Apples margin has always been huge.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see where they say how big the storage capacity is, how about you guys? They have these on ebay, but they're both 2gb and 4gb (possibly even 1gb). I actually bought a 4gb model more than a month ago and I still haven't received it :mad:.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one from a guy on eBay similar but 1 Gb for $40 + $15 shipping (from U.S.) and it works and sounds great. Amazing little unit that does a lot including FM radio and video. I ended up getting my wife one as they are really nice. No way would I buy it for $150 plus like Apple wants but for the price I paid it's a sweet deal. The ones at fifth unit look very very much the same but you'll pay a bit more there for a 1Gb model.

atm

Enlightened
Trashman said:
I don't see where they say how big the storage capacity is, how about you guys? They have these on ebay, but they're both 2gb and 4gb (possibly even 1gb). I actually bought a 4gb model more than a month ago and I still haven't received it :mad:.

The page heading says 256MB, not very much.

Andrew

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
One of my colleagues had one of these, While it did what it was supposed to do, reaction to the controls was sluggish. When he wanted to skip a track he pressed the button and almost 5 seconds later it skipped. I don't know if this is the exact same device, but it looked quite similar, even in the details like the position of the screws. Anyway, he gave it to his son and bought a Samsung YP-Z5FAB for himself...