New JetBeam AAA on Tad Gear

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks comparable to the Fenix LOD. Both jetbeam aaa & Fenix LOD would probably work great on a 10440 AAA.

greensilverado

Newly Enlightened
i just bought this light today. and was just reading your post about being the same as the fenix. oh well it'll be my first jet beam.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Specially designed "orange peel" reflector for exceptional white output"

:huh2:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the fenix wont be regulated on lithium ion rechargables, the jetbeam will.... also, i bet the jetbeam will be brighter.

it is a twisty though right? also, how do the settings go?

-david

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is a little bit pricey as well considering the L0D is $28 less and comes with free shipping from 7777's. I do think that this light looks REALLY nice, even though I didn't like it at first.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
its too bad the lod doesnt regulate of li-ons though.

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have we figured if its a twisty or clickie?

I wanted to get one, but at this price, its not that attractive. I wonder if any CREE AAA lights are on the horizon, since the lux is still great in such small lights.

A CREE AAA light should run well on a Alk/NiMh AAA cell (better capacity than 10440) with circuitry at 350 mah with better brightness (est 10 lumens, 40 lumens, 80 lumens, SOS, Strobe) Just wondering if at that size the reflector can properly focus it. If it's in the works, it's definitely worth waiting for!! :D

greensilverado

Newly Enlightened
when i receive the light next week i'll let you guy know. i may just go ahead and order the LOD aswell for comparison.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
greensilverado said:
when i receive the light next week i'll let you guy know. i may just go ahead and order the LOD aswell for comparison.
It would be interesting to see them compared side by side.

havand

Enlightened
I've been waiting for this light! I think the price is probably justified. Brass head? HA3 that is hopefully as tough as the HA3 on the Jetbeam mk2? Remember how easily the coating on the FENIX LOP-SE wears off. Regulated?

I think the price is probably justified. That being said, I was hoping it would be closer to the $50 mark. At nearly $70, i'll have to think long and hard about this one. I do wish it was a clickie :) I like the styling

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a darn shame there is no 65% mode, cuz now you either have dim, or really bright, and nothing between.

-David

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
its a darn shame there is no 65% mode, cuz now you either have dim, or really bright, and nothing between.

-David

????? The three outputs are 5 lumens(8%), 20 lumens(45%) and 45 lumens full output. Sounds about right to me. With that brass head, it can handle the heat and have a really smooth twisting action. Now if they put a Cree in there, recalibrated the brightness to 5, 20 and 80 lumens... :rock: I'd have to boot my FF3 off my keychain.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would hold off on all the new Luxeon AAA lights that are hitting the market. It won't be long before there is a Cree AAA light IMHO.