the fire starter flashlight

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
dude i want one i cant beleive i just saw that how much are they and where can i get one also what is it?

although i cant afford one i really want one.

cutlerylover

Banned
Interesting...now is that kind of output safe? I mean for users? I love to see mods but sometimes if you don't know what your doing and messing with voltage I am sure sometimes things don't go as planned...

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Voltage isn't any real concern there - just 12 to 14 volts D.C. and NiMH batteries so not even prone to explosion like Lithiums. And 10 amps is nothing compared to a car battery that will do 500-600 amps easy. You've just got very focused high power light - about 140 watts and at close enough range that equates to enough heat to roast your marshmallows :D Kind of like having a lighter and flashlight all-in-one. I like it :)

lukevsdarth

Newly Enlightened
:xyxgun:

Imagine pointing that at someone else like an assailant to light them up and blind them. You would permantely blind them and give them a tan. Geez:candle:
Give me one of those in Iraq. Go night ops and 5000 lumen them up. I would like to see the runtime and distance that has like 1 mile like headlights.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a great video link in one of the USL threads where a USL is used to roast a marshmallow. Sets the thing on fire.

And tvodrd cooked an egg on the lens of his USL. The thread index link in my sigline probably has links to this stuff.

In any case, a light that powerful IS dangerous. Make no mistake. You do not want to leave it around your five year old son or daughter, for example.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I always get a kick out of those few who feel it is necessary to issue common sense warnings. :rolleyes: Anything in this world can be dangerous if abused.

It goes without saying that you don't leave things like these lights just lying around...anymore than leaving a gun, sharp knife, or any other potentially dangerous item. Here's my warnings of the day: "Don't pour your hot McDonald's coffee into your lap." and "Don't put your hand in a garbage disposal while it is running."

Thank you, now please drive through.

kinzli

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that's my blog and Mac's light. I was one of the lucky ones to get one of his Torches, and did the video for a friend of mine who lives out of town. After he sent it to a few friends of his, they started asking all kinds of questions so I put up a blog page too. Amazing, isn't it? :)

Anyhow, all the credit goes to Mac. It is truly an amazing light.

My wife says the next video should be me flying my little PiccoZ helicopter and her nuking it out of the sky with the Torch :)

cutlerylover

Banned
Ok here are my questions...

1) How can I get in touch with Mac? I am still new here, so I don't really know who he is...

2) Will he still make these customs?

3) How much will it cost?

I probably can't afford it myself but I am curious anyway...

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I just saw it on another forum. That is too cool and of course I want one.

D-Dog

Enlightened
I think that it was around 8:30 minuites, not too practical but probably one of the best show-off lights around, 4000 lumens with instant startup :)

Last edited: