NEW! TerraLUX MaxStar5 K2 5W U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C or D cell Maglites TLE-6K2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
In partnership with TerraLUX I'm thrilled to announce that BatteryJunction.com will be exclusively launching the new TerraLUX MaxStar5 aka TLE-6K2 which utilizes a U bin LumiLED Luxeon K2 LED and will work in any 3-6 C or D cell Maglite.

Lightly overdriven this will output 100-135 lumens (120typical) and is a simple drop in - no adapters, no dummy batteries, just plug and play.
-Regulated with the TerraLUX LED Light Engine for constant output.
-Output is the same regardless of 3-6, C/D cells. (Edit: new info - Same for 4-6 cells, 3 cells starts the same but will drop as battery voltage drops below 4.5V (new alkalines are typically above 1.5V)
-Maintains focusability.
-Extended runtimes (still measuring)
-BRIGHT!

As usual coupon code: 'cpf2006' will save you 5% - USPS First Class shipping option for domestic orders will be <$4.

For international buyers we can offer air letter shipping for $5 anywhere in the world but as it's uninsurable the risk is your own. If you want this service please check out at the air parcel rate (will be $15-20) then just send me an EMAIL (NO PM's please) immediately afterwards with your order number and I will adjust your order.

Shipping now!

Regulation - yum:
MAXSTAR5

Order, more details, big pic etc on the website:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-6k2.html

tle6k2web

We're exceptionally busy right now so I'm not sure when I will be back to answer questions but I think most of the basics are covered on the website. Beamshots etc coming when I have time.

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: NEW! TerraLUX MaxStar5 K2 5W U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C or D cell Maglites TLE-6K2!

Will you be making a 2 C/D version available? Thanks. Kirk

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NEW! TerraLUX MaxStar5 K2 5W U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 C or D cell Maglites TLE-6K2!

Hi Kirk,

No immediate plans with the TLE-6K2 - there were current issues.

More to come that I can't discuss quite yet. :)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

:sold:

I've been looking forward to this one for my 4D mag.

I hope it rocks :rock:

Thanks Battery Junction! :goodjob:

Nebula

Enlightened

Matt - Thanks for the reply. Guess I had better get my old 3D out and dust it off! I look forward to more announcements. Cheers. Kirk

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this have the "thermal management" circuitry like the Mag Led drop in's?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think so, nor should it need it - one of the primary advantages of the K2 is their ability to take the heat.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's what I was thinking, K2's can take more heat than the Luxeon's so they don't need the "thermal management" like the Mag Leds.

I just wanted to make sure.

Burgess

Flashaholic

Sounds interesting.

I'll be watching this closely -

Wonder what's the Current Draw, with new Alkalines ?

popcorn.gif

InfidelCastro

Banned

ernsanada said:
Does this have the "thermal management" circuitry like the Mag Led drop in's?

I always hear about this. Does it actually have this "circuitry" or does it just get hot and lose efficiency...

Even if the former is true, it says Mag was not interested in performance by leaving out heatsinking..

InfidelCastro

Banned

Got another question for you MattK. How well do these run on 3 of your 10,000mAh Nimh rechargeable D batteries? Would it be better to go with 4 cells in that case?

lukestephens777

Enlightened

Runtiume off 3 x 12000mah NIMH's ? Will this work? Would be fantastic!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Will you be taking beamshots when they arrive on Tuesday?

These would probably make nice Christmas gifts. I think everyone in my family has a Maglite.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll do runtime tests as soon as a I have a chance. It's unlikely runtime tests and beamshots will happen next week as we're at the height of the Christmas rush and already working as hard as we possibly can just to stay on top of shipping same/next day and this must take priority.

Run time will be very long - the data sheet says approx 15 hours on 3 D cells, adjust accordingly for more cells.

I don't know if it will work on NiMh cells yet as I haven't tested it but I'd be very surprised if it didn't work - I can almost guarantee it will work in 4-6 cells applications, but am unsure about 3 cells.

SuperTorch

Enlightened

Coupon Code needs to be CPF2006 no spaces - "CPF 2006" won't work just figured out I needed to leave out the space. Hope this babys bright. Love the regulation should hold me over till Cree units come out.

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just when I gave my 3D M@G away, I may have to re-think

Skyline

Enlightened

PhotonWrangler said:
Does it affect focusing?

The post states:

-Maintains focusability.

The web site states:

FOCUSABILITY. The MaxStar5 preserves one of the most outstanding features of the Mag Instruments® line of flashlights, the ability to focus. The MaxStar5 produces a focused beam that throws a bright beam a very long distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.