8 year old child stabbed to death...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Today, december the 1st 2006 truly is a sad, sad day... 8 year old Jesse Dingemans was stabbed to death while in school.

According to the policereports, Jesse was allowed by his teacher to go to another classroom to pick something up. When his teacher came after him a few minutes later, she found the boy dead. He had been stabbed in the throat area.
The principal informed the police immediately.

People in the area had seen a man in a long coat and a hood leaving the school. Police instantly started a massive manhunt, in which even a helicopter was used. Shortly after a 22 year old suspect was arrested.

How can anyone just walk into a school and stab an 8 year old child to death? There is no punishment severe enough for a crime like this...

Lights will be pointing to the sky this night to help Jesse find his way to heaven.

More details on this terrible crime:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/netherlands.school.ap/index.html

Or in dutch:
http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/news.aspx?id=73310

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 15 years ago, this sort of thing was unheard of and it's sad to see that events like this are becoming more and more common. I don't know what goes on in the minds of these psychopaths but it seems as though they will do whatever it takes to provoke shock or negative reactions from the public.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well I think 8 year old Jesse Dingemans will not need any help finding his way to Heaven. I will shine a light just so everyone else knows we care.
Prayers sent for family left behind so they can meet in Heaven at a later date, Jesse will be just fine.
Topper

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I hope the Netherlands has the death penalty.

Prayers sent for the little boy's family.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Death penalty? in the netherlands? not going to happen...

Here in the netherlands, jail really is like a hotel. A while ago there was quite a bit of media attention for a correctional institution where if 2 convicts sharing a cell couldn't agree on what to watch on tv (yes, they have tv in their cell) they were given a second tv so they could both watch what they want!

And today the police in Drachten (a city in the north of the netherlands) presented their new cells to the public. The cells have floor heating and the possibility to play videogames!!! and they cost only 190000 euro a piece! I can truly say that I am ashamed that my tax money is being used for things like that. Personally I believe in concrete walls and floors, a bucket to crap in an 3 luxury meals of water and bread a day. A lifetime sentence? why use a door and a lock? bricks and mortar is much cheaper to close a cell!

And ofcourse there is our very own muslim terrorist Samir A. who was convicted today for planning multiple terrorist attacks in the netherlands (thank god not one of them was executed). The man got 8 meazly years in jail!!

I used to be proud to be dutch, but that feeling is seriously starting to fade away...

Anyway, I was just outside lighting Jesses way to heaven when some cops payed me a visit to see what I was doing (Mag85 was visible from quite a distance on this rainy night) and when I told them they were really moved by the gesture and joined in for a minute. So there were 3 lights pointing to the sky from park Kweeklust in Leiden. Funny remark from one of the cops: Why is your Mag so much brighter than mine?? (he was carrying a 3D, the other one had a strion or something like that)

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have spoken long and very passionate on how I believe criminals should be handled and a horrible act such as this should end one way and one way only.....death penalty for the one responsible. Truly a very sad story indeed and I feel for this childs family.

Can you imagine one day sending your child to school believing them to be safe only to learn they were killed while in school....truly a horrible world today it seems.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Having three small children ages 6, 4, and 2, these kind of stories have a particularly disturbing effect on me. I'd be quite content to use a freshly honed edge creatively on such a vile creature that would harm a child.

My heart goes out to the family of this child as I cannot even begin to imagine the grief and sorrow. May Jesse find peace in Heaven......

I'll have to not visit the cafe as a last stop before bed, but I could not have enjoyed further reading tonight regardless......

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
and they cost only 190000 euro a piece!

I don't believe that criminals should be tortured but 190K euro prison cells is just ridiculous. My house isn't worth that much.

LA OZ

Enlightened
This is not the first and equally not going to the last. Soon or later a crazy person will be born. Sad as it is, I don't think dead penalty will going to stop this from happening.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The world is filled with some truly evil people..... and a great deal more people who foolishly cling to the ridiculous concept that all people are basically good, and that Life isn't cheap.

I wish I could say that that story shocked me, but honestly; it didn't. :(