SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sales thread: mCree Ti *Closed for time being*

Default Re: Sales thread: mCree Ti *Closed for time being*

Quote Originally Posted by LED61
    Check your USPS tracking guys!! My light was shipped Saturday 9 and it shows delivered in Miami Fla today at 8 am. GRR!! infortunately it will be a while before I get it in my hands but it has arrived at destination.
    USPS works in odd ways, I have been tracking. It will be here tommorow most likley.

Heres what mine has said since it got shipped:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 10, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Yada yada yada....
    -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan
    USPS works in odd ways, I have been tracking. It will be here tommorow most likley.

Heres what mine has said since it got shipped:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 10, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Yada yada yada....

Yeah, the USPS tracking info is for the birds.

This is what I got today when I checked on a package sent to WP on Dec. 5 2006;

Label/Receipt Number: LC XX XXXX XX US (numbers removed for privacy)

Your item was accepted at 9:58 AM on October 14, 2006 in HOLLYWOOD, FL 33023. No further information is available for this

I got two awesome pieces of art today, the XR19-C and a new Spy holster from Matt.

Both are absolutely awesome works of art. Great work Don and Matt. This was a great end to an otherwise horrible day. (got to the job site this morning to discover that someone permanently barrowed all our tools, )

Last edited by Morelite; 12-13-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Sales thread: mCree Ti *Closed for time being*

I am hoping to get mine before xmas,but as for tracking i do not have a tracking no,so i cannot check on status,but i can report 4 days to uk from the shoppe.now thats fast. oh that was my A19 XRE.

Flashaholic*

GOt mine today... yay! Its my first Ti light, admitedly it's kinda sexy looking

Question, I am used to luxeon beams and comparativly this one is very green. Is this to be expected?

Waiting for the dark to come....

Got my mCree today(Wed) as well.

I haven't put it down all day, my wife is getting jealous...LOL

AMAZING creation Don !!!!

Here are my kids playing together

Last edited by Kid9P; 12-14-2006 at 01:16 AM.

Flashaholic

Got mine, excellent workmanship
    XR19 head works great on my Ti PD body

Last edited by erinO919; 12-14-2006 at 02:18 AM.

Where did that Piston come from??

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P
    Where did that Piston come from??
    It comes from my Ti PD

VERY nice.

McGizmo leggo time !! LOL

Flashaholic*

To those that already have theirs, how is the tint?

Woohoo! Mine arrived at my local PO this morning.
    Ray
    Good people need to be there for each other. It's the only way to stay sane in a sometimes insane world.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman
    Woohoo! Mine arrived at my local PO this morning.
    Sweet Codey! Maybe mine will come today. I'm having dinner with my brother tonight, its his birthday. Nothing better than carrying a brand spanking new light to dinner!
    -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by Led_Blind
    To those that already have theirs, how is the tint?
    Pure WHITE.

Makes my U60XRGT look a little on the blue side
    Last edited by Kid9P; 12-14-2006 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan
    Sweet Codey! Maybe mine will come today. I'm having dinner with my brother tonight, its his birthday. Nothing better than carrying a brand spanking new light to dinner!
    But on HIS birthday? That sounds like potential trouble!
    Ray
    Good people need to be there for each other. It's the only way to stay sane in a sometimes insane world.

Flashaholic*

Don, sent you an email with a request if possible, thanks

Alberto

Just got mine....its a thing of beauty. Bright Flawless beam, pure white tint, great throw.....I initially had some difficulty getting it to go on "low" but I wiped the threads down and now no issue. Its replacing my long time SF A2 EDC now. Didn't think I'd go to an LED (only) for another few years.....
    The real test is when I have to pick up the dog doos at night.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogrub
    The real test is when I have to pick up the dog doos at night.
    And a good test that will be! I hope you have good and realistic color rendition in the process!
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Mine was waiting on me and man am I happy.

That woman in the Remington shaver commercial who talks about "rotating Titanium" ain't seen nothin'!

Great job, Don!
    Last edited by Codeman; 12-15-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    Ray

Flashaholic

woohoo, got my XR19-C today.
    BEAUTIFUL light. Thanks Don.
    My first light from your workshop.
    It will be EDC for me for the near future.
    My kids are asking me how many of these lights do I have?
    I just smile:-)
    Thanks again
    Ned

Touchdown in CA.

Little flicker on high initially but now I can't get it to repeat.
    VERY white though.
    Outside of a dog -- a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

GJW,
    Probably grease on the contact ring or debris between it and the shelf in the clickie pak. All you need is for a signal from pak to contact ring to trigger high so I doubt you will have trouble once the light breaks in and remains reasonably clean inside.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Hi Don...

My XR19-C arrived safely today. Thank you!

What an exceptionally nice...and bright...flashlight.

I love it!

Proud custodian of Tvodrd`s works of art; Peter`s Arc`s and Brass Arc AAA; Mike Jordan`s gems; some really great lights from Enrique, Fred and Tain ....and *several* of Don`s mods, Ti`s and McLux masterpieces.

Flashaholic*

Looks like i lost the lottery, mine is pukey blue green that noticably washes out the reds. Dang bright but a little hard to look at.

Any ideas if this is an easy led swap?
    Last edited by Led_Blind; 12-15-2006 at 02:18 AM.

It passed the pick-up-the-dog-poos-at-night test w/flying colors. I didn't step on a single one like I used to using various luxeon 5 lights. The color rendition is pretty good w/the Cree and it doesn't seem to "flatten" out as much.

It might be the shear "brightness" of the thing but that alone is worth a lot especially for a single CR123 light. The dual setting worked well too....when in doubt go to "high" and it removes the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo
    And a good test that will be! I hope you have good and realistic color rendition in the process!

Astrogrub,
    Glad it passed the test ( and the mo arrived today, thanks ).

LED_Blind,
    Sorry you got a tint that doesn't sit well with you! All of these lights have been from the same bin and lot and I have noticed some variation in tints among them. As I have mentioned elsewhere but not (unfortunately) in this particular sales thread, I won't play the bin game with the Cree's and think it is a loosing proposition based on variation I have seen within the same bin. The LED is solder flowed onto the MCPCB so it requires a hot plate or heat gun to remove it once the MCPCB has been knocked out of the head. As to easy or hard to replace, that depends on the person doing the replacement I would say.

All,

I won't lock this thread but I realize I won't use it for the next wave of offerings either. There have been numerous other sales threads as well as a discussion thread on these Ti lights. In those threads, I have mentioned key information about these lights and what one might expect. Some of the small print if you will. Well my bad for not spelling out everything here in this sales thread!

I just refunded a purchase price to one customer who was not happy with scratches he sees on the C pak. Most if not all of the Ti parts have scratches from the machine shop and hopefully you will battle scar the lights yourselves. I think I mentioned in the main thread about these lights that a show room finish would be up to the customer and not to be expected from the lights as they were shipped, or words to such effect. My bad for not disclosing all known issues and possible flaws here in the sales thread itself.

These lights are not perfect and on that I can guarantee! I almost posted a funny side note which I will bring up now. There is good dark here on Maui and my back yard is good for light evaluations when the moon isn't full or even then when the trades keep a good low cloud cover over it. On the street, we have one of those ugly yellow mercury vapor or what ever it is street lights. I have looked forward to a power outage so I could check out the street and some other illumination targets without the dang street light! Well power went out on one of the days I was busy building the second wave of these lights. It went out at noon. I couldn't solder or use the lathe. I was on the phone with Wayne and told him at least I could check out the street after the sun set. I used the down time to install the reflectors and windows in a bunch of Ti heads and was almost forced to quit when the available daylight through the windows was just too low but I finished the job just before sunset. There was still some color in the sky when the power came back on! My house has off grid LED lighting inside and out and I had also mentioned to Wayne how cool it would be when I was the only one on the block with light! Dang! Two long power outages so far (first after the earth quake) but both during the daytime!

I bring this story up now because one of you guys got a light from me that didn't have a window in it! Duh! I guess I put two together without windows because I noticed one prior to shipping but the other got through! I go out of my way not to touch the window at all but oops! I know one of you got one without window because you notified me and the part is now in the mail. I guess I worked a bit too into the dark on these! Flaws? Count on it! A missing window is obviously not an acceptable flaw but I won't promise cosmetic purity or perfect tint and probably some other things that don't come to mind right now.

When I put more of these up for sale, I will try to make a comprehensive list of short comings in a new sales thread and I will mention shipping options, insurance, lack of owner's manual, lack of presentation case or anything even closely resembling a product box or packaging. If any of you guys see errors or omissions on my part, please bring them up!

Thanks guys.

Got mine yesterday and absolutely love it! Thanks Don.

Could you tells us more about your LED house lighting?
    I want to do that.

Andy,
    I am trying to at least keep a photo log of the progress HERE, on my new home. I have been wholesaleing some Nichia 3 mm based LED lights for a number of years now and Wayne and I are currently working on some new fixtures using the high power LED's. At some point we both will probably bring some of this information to CPF in some form for the few who seem interested in LED's beyond flashlights. People can actually pay for some of this lighting with energy savings while doing themselves and the planet a favor. Unlike incandescent, when you dim a LED light, you get better efficiency and remarkable efficiency at that! The LED's like to be underfed and it's a win win across the board. Wayne has designed a really cool dimmer for the 12V lights running driven by an on board constant current driver (essentially the down boy) The dimmer will send a signal to any of the lights you are running if you connect them to its single signal wire. The dimmer instructs the lights it is connect to as to what current level they should drive the LED. Your home can be friendly to the night, your eyes, your neighbors and your utility bill.

As time and inspiration permit, I plan to go through my home and replace all of the incandescent lights with LED's. (I got plenty LED's!! ) There is some cool stuff coming on the market but of course a lot of it is low end gimmick that will harm the introduction of LED lighting as much as aid it. There are numerous areas around the planet that are in the dark right now because they don't have the power capacity they need. They could be with light.

I got suckered into CPF a few years back and sidetracked by the revolution and how it effects flashlights. I have let my interest and desire to work with fixed lighting take the back seat but for numerous reasons I want to refocus my energy and get back to it. I am typing this response under a string of Nichia Jupiters which are providing all the light I need to see the keyboard and table and my cup of coffee. If the power were to go out, I would know it as the laptop would switch to battery power. I could still see the table and my coffee cup and go through the house to the restroom without pulling out my flashlight. With viable and accessible RGB LED's around the corner, the LED revolution will come home!

Flashaholic*

Don, I really enjoyed looking at your photo log. Great stuff. I used to look at the few fixtures on Berkeley Point after I first *met* you a number of years ago. The fixed lighting has come quite a ways. I'll be looking on with interest. I look forward to the day when we cut the wires to the power company and start to rely on solar cells, led lighting and whatnot.
    ::I don't always carry a flashlight, but when I do, I prefer Tri-V. Stay illuminated my friends::

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast