• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Best driver for 1xAA?

Dan C

Enlightened
Considering that there have been new converters released, I wanted to revisit this question. What would be considered the best converter for use with a single AA battery? Thanks.....

Dan C

legtu

Enlightened
I think that would depend on whether you're after run-time or brightness, etc...

Dan C

Enlightened
I'm wondering which driver will put the most current to the LED with a single AA batt. Seems like the only game in town is still the Madmax/Madmax lite converters. I know the Madmax plus is puts out more current with a 3 volt battery but does that hold true with a 1.2 volt nimh as well?? Thanks.

Dan C

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MM Plus WO would be the brightest IIRC, and you'll get more current to your LED from 1.2v nimh with the lower VF led you can use.

So say you got a L vf, the emitter will only get say 100ma, and then you got a H vf emitter, it might get 350ma or more... Get it?

So use the lowest Vf emitter you can and you'll get the most current to it possible.

Or you can try contacting MillerMods for a board.. He can make a high output one, and probably has stock fenix boards from pulls that he might sell you that would have a better comprimise of runtime...