• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Goldserve's JIL UWOJ Flupic sandwiches

s.duff

Enlightened
I have two of Goldserve's Flupic sandwiches for JIL lights. One is for the DD and the other is for the JIL 1.3W, and neither have been installed, the only reason that I am selling them is because I haven't gotten around to installing them and I feel guilty seeing them sit arounf. They are exactly as I received them from Goldserve and have not even been opened. I am only looking to get back what I have in them, so I am asking $53 each shipped worldwide, I will cover Paypal fees. Here is more info on them in Goldserve's original thread.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119470

Last edited:

s.duff

Enlightened
anyone looking to upgrade their regular JIL to a model with intelli features?

vortechs

Enlightened
The FLuPIC upgrade for the 1.3W version (or JCR2-HI) is a bit more uncommon than the one for the DD version (or JCR2-LR). You don't see many of them around.

The only downside to putting a FLuPIC module in the 1.3W version is that the FLuPIC module can't boost a primary 3V cell, so you really need to use a 3.6V Li-Ion cell to get the full brightness (the same as with any FLuPIC mod). The positive side of getting the FLuPIC module for the 1.3W version is that you still have your original 1.3W light assembly (with the MicroPuck boost driver) and can switch back to it if you want to be able to boost 3V primary cells.

vortechs

Enlightened
I think the lack of interest is just that interest in U-bin Luxeons went down when the Cree XR-E came out. However it would take a reflector modification to get a good beam from a Cree XR-E in a JIL-CR2 or JCR2, so it isn't as simple to get a Cree in a JIL as it is to drop in a FLuPIC sandwich with a UW0J Lux-III.