LED alternative for Surefire G2 under $50

kiddo

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! I'm new here and this is my first post! Anyway, I currently carry a Surefire G2 daily but am looking for an alternative to it. I am thinking along the lines of LED lights since they offer better shock resistance for the bulb, longer bulb life, and longer run time.

Could anyone recommend a light with similar or better performance than the Surefire G2? Also, I am from the Philippines so I intend to order the light online. Could you guys also recommend a place that accepts international orders for the light? Thanks.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for LED drop in from Bug Out Gear or Lighthound. Will greatly increase runtime
and durability is greatly improved. Go to Flashlight Reviews.com for a review.
By the way, welcome to CPF!:)

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, Welcome to CPF!

Just so there isn't any misunderstanding, are you looking for a light that is the size of a G2, and just as bright or brighter? If it has to be as bright as the G2 and the same size, you're probably not going to find anything. However there lights that are a little larger than the G2 that are almost as bright (at least in terms of throw) as the incandescent version. One that immediately comes to mind would be the Streamlight Pro Poly Luxeon 4AA. I don't think any of the solutions that the same size as the G2 (i.e. the size of a compact flashlight) is going to be as bright as their incandescent counterparts.

I think one of the more popular methods for people in the Phillipines to acquire products from the U.S. is to have a US relative purchase it and ship it over.

EDIT For a light that is about the same size as the G2, you might want to look at the Pelican PM6. It's a compact CR123 light with a Luxeon and is available for well under $50

kiddo said:
Could anyone recommend a light with similar or better performance than the Surefire G2? Also, I am from the Philippines so I intend to order the light online. Could you guys also recommend a place that accepts international orders for the light? Thanks.

Last edited:

T4R06

Enlightened
Hi Kiddo, welcome to CPF. im a filipino also, but living here in CT.

@brighteyez - not really, alternative is by using paypal.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would strongly consider a Huntlight FT01. It is a lot of flashlight for the money, and gives you some nice options as far as running rechargeables.

wmirag

Enlightened
The BOG 3Watt LED drop-in is very white with a beautiful beam shape i.e. good hotspot and good spill. It's not quite as bright as the P60 but it's regulated for 4 hours. I use that exclusively in the G2.

W.

Scattergun

Enlightened
I would get the G&P K2-head, costs around 45 bucks shipped from a Ebay-seller in HK. Its brighter than the standard P60-bulb and runs about the same....but without the necessity of changing buld every 20 hour.

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, you could get the Inova X5 and use "used" batteries from your G2... not as bright but pretty useful...