Surefire U2 body + LU60 adapter + Duracoat =

grnamin

Enlightened
Take a U2 body, add an LU60 adapter (includes M2 bezel), spray with OD green Duracoat and you get this:

orig.jpg

:D

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL- Hey, can I get you to Duracoat flat black on my LU60 M2 bezel and collar? :)

grnamin

Enlightened
Thank you all for your kind words. Mucho trial and error. I ended up scraping off the Duracoat from an entire light once in order to start over. :D

mudhole

Newly Enlightened
you have to order direct from surefire.They are weaponlight components,and are 90 dollars if I'm correct.It comes as a kit.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
mudhole said:
you have to order direct from surefire.They are weaponlight components,and are 90 dollars if I'm correct.It comes as a kit.
me and freind just orderd a weaponlight body over the internet at www.irawoodinc.com it cost 76.00 i think with shipping and know we will have to get one of these as it turns out they sell them therebut it cost130.00 wish i could find one for 90.00 i bet my local surefire dealer could get them in for that.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
While I do admire the quality of your work, my tiny little brain has a bit of a problem with...

WHY O WHY DID YOU MUTILATE THAT BEAUTIFUL HAIII IN SUCH A HIDEOUSLY UGLY WAY!?!?!

On a 6/9P body I could understand... but this??

:laughing:

grnamin

Enlightened
MayCooper said:
While I do admire the quality of your work, my tiny little brain has a bit of a problem with...

WHY O WHY DID YOU MUTILATE THAT BEAUTIFUL HAIII IN SUCH A HIDEOUSLY UGLY WAY!?!?!

On a 6/9P body I could understand... but this??

:laughing:

LOL! One man's mutilation is another man's justification. :D The black anodized tailcap and body from a U2 didn't match the HAIII natural finish of the LU60 and M2 bezel. Now the whole unit is matched. :) The camera flash makes the color brighter than it really is. I think it looks awesome, but to each his own. :)

I got the LU60 from lpstactical.com. It now comes with both a P60 and P61.

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
i cant wait till somone gets up the guts to paint there M6 or a M3T

mmmmmmm...........my M3-CB..........OD green...........does that Duracoat come in other colors??
grinser2.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see that done in Colt dark grey :devil: Nice work btw.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to Colt Grey, have you seen the digital urban camouflage? (I think that's the correct term) I've seen them in gunshows and it will make for a definite unique looking Surefire U2.

grnamin

Enlightened
CM said:
In addition to Colt Grey, have you seen the digital urban camouflage? (I think that's the correct term) I've seen them in gunshows and it will make for a definite unique looking Surefire U2.

Cris, I've seen the digicam pattern applied to a folding knife. Seems a little bit busy, but nevertheless, quite sharp looking. :) I can't seem to find the Cold Grey color in the Duracoat website. I'm going blind!

Regentag

Banned
Well FWIW - I think it looks GREAT! :goodjob:

I've been thinking of trying the stuff out myself - I have the "infrastructure" in place, it's the time and talent that I lack.
Seeing your fine work and getting hold of this light that I just had modded and Duracoated in ACU Gray has me sold.

IMG_0022-vi.jpg

The stuff not only looks good - it feels good too. Duracoat has this soft tactile quality that makes the light more "grippy" and comfortable to hold, especially when hot. :naughty: The only thing I don't know yet is whether it really *is* as durable as the name implies...

Is that a Duracoated Sebenza in your sigline? No more beadblast scuffmarks! :rock:

Cheers,

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
So will you consider applying the Duracoat for a fee, or are you already doing that and I missed it?

How tough is the coating in real life?

Bill