your opinions please

-DUS-

Newly Enlightened
could i please have your opinions on these auctions;

if i would decide to get a laser on ebay, in stead of a more expensive (yes I know, a better one) from wicked or so, wich of these auctions would u recommend me?

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

thanx

dr_lava

Enlightened
I don't reccommend any laser that doesn't have an IR filter. None of those auctions specify that, and I guarantee the 150mW lasers don't have one. Not having a filter doesn't make it look any brighter, it just fools the uninformed ebay purchaser into paying more. you must ask the seller if it has an IR filter. see all of the recent posts concerning this subject.

-DUS-

Newly Enlightened
i'm aware that these probably don't have any IR filter.

but if we just forget all the possible downsides these units can have, what would be the better choice?

one looks like a newwish and the others... leadlights maybe?

LASERGLOW.COM

Newly Enlightened
-DUS- said:
i'm aware that these probably don't have any IR filter.

but if we just forget all the possible downsides these units can have, what would be the better choice?

one looks like a newwish and the others... leadlights maybe?

-DUS-:

It is very difficult to recommend any of these units, as the actual output power of these units cannot be confirmed and seems to be random. :shrug:

You are asking us to tell you whether it is better to buy: a "150mW" laser which may have 30mW or 70mW actual green output power, or whether it is better to buy a "100mW" laser which may have 20mW or 80mW actual green output power. You would probably have better luck asking which lottery numbers are a better buy.:grin2:

While these may 'look' like a leadlight or another familiar manufacturer- but we have tested over 40 samples from 30 Chinese manufacturers, and there are usually 4 or 5 manufacturers using any given housing style, so unless you go with a reputable company, it's a game of chance...

Maybe someone here has purchased from one of those ebay sellers, and they may have a little more insight...:anyone:

Whichever one you decide on- please post a review as well as the ebay seller name for future reference...

Good Luck! :sweat:

-Dimitry Fedorov
LASERGLOW.COM LIMITED

-DUS-

Newly Enlightened
okay,

thanx for the input :)

i've not decided jet... i already asked the seller a few questions about the lasers.

they are all honest about the IR filters though.

if i buy one, i'll post a review for sure.

thanx again

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Go to Atlasnova and get a pointer... Good quality, good honest seller, garrentied to be safe, well as safe as a laser can be... :grin2: That's my opinion, not about those auctions, but about getting your... well I assume this is your first laser... :candle:

pilonull

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Definately go with Atlasnova. Mr.Beland really cares about his customers and has excellently prices lasers.
-alex