L0P-Ti now available at Lighthound

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
Buffalohump said:
Well, that sucks! It's pretty misleading actually...

I expect better from Lighthound.
While I can agree with your statements, there may be good reason why this happened.

Between web-commerce software limitations and web site administrators' limitations, this may have been the only reasonable way to display the product. The undifferentiated display on the 'for sale' page along with the add-to-cart button was probably the only way they could display the L0P-Ti.

Could it have been done better? Surely. But sometimes, small companies have to work within the confines of what they've got handy.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buffalohump said:
Well, that sucks! It's pretty misleading actually...

I expect better from Lighthound.

That's pretty harsh! John is one of the best guys around here, and I am sure he's just dealing with the software constraints of his site to make the announcement. Geez, lighten up, the Hound is one of the good guys here! :)

EM

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Is it? I didn't think so...

Hey, I dig Lighthound and give them shout-outs all the time - but it's still misleading advertising.

The thing clearly has a price and an 'add to your cart' button underneath it. Implying that it is for sale from them...

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buffalohump said:
Is it? I didn't think so...

Hey, I dig Lighthound and give them shout-outs all the time - but it's still misleading advertising.

The thing clearly has a price and an 'add to your cart' button underneath it. Implying that it is for sale from them...

If you look at the page it quite clarly states "NO DIRECT SALES" and then goes onto explain. Seems fair enough to me...

Buffalohump

Enlightened
OK OK, uncle! I know when I'm outnumbered.

I shoulda clicked on the button and taken the time to read the message.

I guess I was in too much of a hurry to broadcast the news to my fellow CPFers...

Anybody else wanna have a go?

:dedhorse:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Buffalo, don't feel bad. :) You were initially just trying to point something out, which is great! I pulled plenty of "oops" moves, especially when I first started walking around here. No foul, no one wants to frag you, everyone is just pointing out what a good guy John is, and the limitations he likely has with this.

Thanks for the pointer, pal! :D :wave:

Buffalohump

Enlightened
I'm just going for the sympathy vote :laughing:

Hey, Lighthound rule! I just placed another order with them last night, my third this month...

They make it a little TOO easy!

:lolsign: