Which of these is not like the other?

x2x3x2

Banned
Lumapower, Huntlight, Liteflux, etc...

Most of thier products are similar, some even use identical parts. I was wondering if these new manufacturers are really different or is it just a larger business working the trade?

What do u guys think?

lukus

Enlightened
"I don't know. Your avatar scares my 4 year old.:)"

Said the man whose avatar kinda resembles a younger, well fed Charles Manson mugshot.:grin2:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
lukus said:
"I don't know. Your avatar scares my 4 year old.:)"

Said the man whose avatar kinda resembles a younger, well fed Charles Manson mugshot.:grin2:

Most 4 year olds don't have a clue who Charles Manson is... :grin2:

But anyway, IIRC there is a link between Huntlight and Lumapower. I think it was mentioned somewhere on CPF, but can't remember what link there exactly is between the 2.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad thing is I recognize that avatar - Skeletor from the Masters of the Universe movie with Dolph Lundgren. Hahaha...

Shao

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the link between Huntlight and Lumapower that MayCooper is referring to is that the designer of the Lumapower lights (at least the Lumahunter line) is the same who designed the Huntlight FT-01 (not sure if he also designed the FT-02).
They definitely have their similarities, so much so that I haven't purchased a Lumapower M1 because it's so close to my Huntlight FT-01 that I can't justify it. Output of the M1 is lower, but it has longer runtime. The advantage seems to be the HAIII, sapphire window, and the capability to tailstand, but I don't like the clip layout (I prefer bezel down). Liteflux seems to be focused on AA-sized lights. I don't think they're the same company, but their products may be mfr'd in the same facility (they all likely use CMs for their manufacturing).