Generally speaking, I'm not aware of experiencing large magnetic fields in my daily life. The earth's magnetic field is probably the largest field I encounter on a regular basis. The next might be the little earbuds for my mp3 player/radio. I've had an MRI done on my brain too. I'm unaware of any mental/emotional/orientation effect of any of these.
As part of my job, I've spent a while working with rare earth magnets (500 gauss), use a gauss meter to measure fields, have built a helmholtz coil to generate modest uniform magnetic fields (50 gauss), and even made magnetic field measurements at a scrap iron handing plant (and measured the field at one of those giant electromagnets that they use to pick up the scrap iron!). I haven't noticed any effect as a result of being in proximity to magnets or magnetic fields.
I think there are risks to working around large electromagnetic fields. I've heard of stories of folks working with microwave communications amplifiers that put out enough power to make a bird go *pop* when it flew in front of the feedhorn antenna. The stories also say that if there was a RF leak in the room with the amplifier, they would feel sick. Obviously, these fields are hugely larger than anything most folks are exposed to. I don't know that I've ever heard any explanation of what the mechanism of the cause of such RF illness might be, and I've only heard this from a friend who heard it from someone else.
Since I do work with RF equipment as part of an EMC test lab, I'm careful about avoiding exposure when our amplifiers are running. The routine exposure to electromagnetic fields don't cause me any concern, though... (but I don't use a cell phone either. )