Streamlight Survivor Rechargeable

CELICA XX

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone purchased this model yet ?

What exactly is included in the package?

survivor.jpg

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy the light alone, or with rechargeable packs and a cradle charger.

The battery carrier is a bit of a PITA if you aren't using rechargeables and need to replace the AA cells.

I wrote a very short review on it in the Reviews section. Its interesting to a flashaholic, but not compelling!

CELICA XX

Newly Enlightened
Does our Firefighter community generally leave these sitting on the chargers 24/7 ?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curiously, while Streamlight does have a part number for the battery carrier as a separate item, none of the online merchants seem to sell the battery carrier as a separate accessory item. It would probably be easier to have a loaded spare battery pack loaded and ready to go, for those who would use alkaline batteries instead of the NiCD pack.

I'd think the AA battery powered solution would probably be more feasible for some groups like volunteer publc safety organizations (like VFDs and SARs) where they would be better served with a primary battery powered solution that is ready to go, than the more frequent maintainance of the rechargeable versions.

wasBlinded said:
The battery carrier is a bit of a PITA if you aren't using rechargeables and need to replace the AA cells.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
I have the rechargeable LED Streamlight. To answer your question about leaving it on the charger when not in use, no. We typically leave them on our bunker coats until they need to be recharged. I would heavily recommend the rechargeable version. 4 hr run time and only 1 hr recharge with the quick charger. While the quick charger is expensive its worth it. I ran mine continuous for almost 2 hours on our last housefire and just stuck it on the charger when we got back. It was ready to go in under 30 minutes. Why would you ever mess with AA again. If you need light for longer than the 4 hours run it on low or just build a fire to light up the area. I hope it helps.:grin2:

CELICA XX

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm gonna pass on the Streamlight Survivor.

If it had Lithium Ion batteries with a better runtime, it would be perfect...

slider1585

Newly Enlightened
we have these at the fire dept i work at. and i like them. they seem to be pretty decent lights. i have never had a problem with them. i have even thought about buying one for myself to keep on my turnout coat.