• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Kilmanjaros - Brightness?

Martini

Enlightened
I know that Peak offers non-standard power levels on some of their lights. What I would like to know is, how many of you have had Kilmanjaros made with custom outputs. What I really want is a AA with an amber 3 LED head that is roughly the same brightness as the single LED. I want multiple LEDs for the smooth beam. If I'm not mistaken, the hi-power single head runs at 20ma. I'd be fine with 20ma split between the 3 LEDs; they would probably be a little brighter on account of the efficiency gains at lower current. If anybody has done anything similar, did you like what got? Also, roughly what did you end up paying for it?

h_nu

Enlightened
Sorry I can't help. I got my Kilimanjaro a few years ago. It is the default brightness (no stamp under the head) with 5 fairly bluish and dim LED's. They didn't even call the white "Snow 29" back then.

I suspect people who want bright are looking at their newer offerings. I use my Pacific with an AA body when I want brighter.

xring

Newly Enlightened
I've got 2 Kilmanjaros. They are both single LED. A Hi Power white and a Ultra Power Cyan. Sorry I can't guess how that would turn out. It depends on if the amber is "ringy" or not. The cyan is not a very smooth beam.

Latest posts