EAGTAC        

Thread: Holster for SF L4--need recommendation please

Flashaholic

Default Holster for SF L4--need recommendation please

Just got my new Surefire L4.
    All I can say is WOW! I understand why Surefire refers to their flashlights as **illumination tools**.
    Anyhow, I got the Surefire V21 holster (http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...0/prrfnbr/233), but am not overly impressed with it. It is really stiff, and too thick in my opinion--especially the part that loops over the belt with velcro.
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a different holster?

Default Re: Holster for SF L4--need recommendation please

Hi Flashlike,

If you search the name of John Willis on the CPF you can see pictures of his top quality custom work.

I own some of his Pouches and will be ordering more in the near future.

Hope that helps,
    John
    *PK etched SureFire Kroma Milspec (K2-RD/BL/IR/YG), *SureFire LumaMax L4 (McE2S 22 ohm Trim Tailcap), *SureFire Executive E2e, *MagLite Magcharger (quantity two), *3D MagLite Incandescent (color Black, quantity 2), *2D MagLite Incandescent (color Black), *2AA Mini MagLite LED (color Black), *2AA Mini MagLite Incandescent (color Black, quantity 3) and *Princeton Tec EOS (color Black)

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...ry_Code=053SFH

Consealco would be one of the best holsters you can buy. You may have to wait because these are basically made to order. The quality is incredible and the price is fantastic. At around $20.00 you can't beat these if they match your style of carry.
    Consealco makes professional grade equipment. If you ask nicely they will personalize your leather with your initials as they did for me on four holsters. These are truly wonderful.
    Good luck.
    BTW you could also look over at artofthehide.com I don't think Matt makes holesters for SureFire lights.
    Last edited by yaesumofo; 12-07-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: info change
    Support your local flashlight builder.
    Buy American. Stop crying and start Buying.
    Flashlights are tools. Period.

I use the Streamlight case from lighthound.com . I actually use it most for my reflectored X0, but the L4's a perfect fit as well.
    The only easy day was yesterday... now go run!

MaxPedition 4" - beautifully made - much nicer than the V21 and no super thick layer on the loop like the V21.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ma4tushforin.html

When I used to carry an L4, the best holster for me was one stolen from a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. Don't know if these can can be purchased separately, but its an open top nylon holster that fits the L4 just right.

yo

Congrats on your new L4. You made a wise choice, Grasshopper.
    Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Flashaholic

Thanks to all for the replies you posted and suggestions!

Sixpointone--I sent an email to John inquiring about the pouches he makes. It sounds like excellent quality and craftsmanship! Although to be honest I'm not sure that I'm willing to wait to have one customer made.

Yaesumofo--The Concealco holsters offer an interesting option. Personally I'm not sure I like the leather look (I'm more interested in a cordura or nylon type of holster). But I know that others would rather have a leather holster than a fabric one. It's all a matter of personal opinion and taste. Thanks for the post and link!

Valpo Hawkeye and Powernoodle--I've seen other posts (including the ones on this older CPF discussion about holsters: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ad.php?t=95228) that a holster designed for the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon is just right for the SF L4. There are different ones out there (for the SL Jr. Luxeon), so I'm not sure even which one of those would work the best.

Then I found this website: http://www.holster-depot.com/shoppro/toolfind.html
    Talk about flashlight holster choices!!
    They list a model CO-124 for the L4:
    http://www.holster-depot.com/shoppro/tools9.html#co124
    It is available either with a standard closed belt loop or with the clip-on belt loop. I rather like the looks of the clip-on one.

MattK--the Maxpedition holster looks well-made, too. They have some decent color options, but they only come with closed belt loop. Most Flashaholics probably wear their flashlights on their belt all day (maybe some all night, too...LOL) but I like the idea of a holster that can be put on or taken off without having to remove my belt!

Danbo--Grasshopper, you say?? This is Flashlike, not Grasshopper. No worries, though. All of us here like flashlights and that's what really counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlike
    Danbo--Grasshopper, you say?? This is Flashlike, not Grasshopper. No worries, though. All of us here like flashlights and that's what really counts!

Sorry, I was attempting to make a humorous "Kung Fu" reference.
    Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

The only easy day was yesterday... now go run!

john willis is the number one man for custum hand made hlosters and they are really cheap to

Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by USPS international services)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlike
    MattK--the Maxpedition holster looks well-made, too. They have some decent color options, but they only come with closed belt loop. Most Flashaholics probably wear their flashlights on their belt all day (maybe some all night, too...LOL) but I like the idea of a holster that can be put on or taken off without having to remove my belt!
    IIRC Maxpedition holsters come with velcro closed belt loops. so you can take them off without removing your belt. Putting them back on might be a little more hassle.
    ... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Flashaholic

Powernoodle--
    You said--
    When I used to carry an L4, the best holster for me was one stolen from a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon...its an open top nylon holster that fits the L4 just right.

I can order one of those for $4.00 plus shipping--
    http://www.flashlights.com/sljunior/
    (look for product #70129 Nylon Holster, Flapless, Black, Streamlight Jr.)

Too late, though. I got anxious and ordered one of the Ripoffs CO-124 from Holster Depot. Made payment by Paypal as the ordering process directed, then afterwards I was directed to their home page which states:

NOTICE: AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2006, RIPOFFS HOLSTERS ARE TEMPORARILY OUT OF PRODUCTION. WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF STOCK ON HAND, BUT PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL BEFORE YOU ORDER TO CONFIRM AVAILABILITY

Oops! I guess I'll find out whether they had it in stock or not.

BTW, you said
    ** I used to carry an L4 **
    Have you replaced it with a different flashlight? Just curious.