mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
***LATEST PHOTOS***

CHECKOUT MORE PHOTOS HERE FROM THIS CURRENT RUN
vv3-12.JPG

***********BEGIN*****ORIGINAL*****POST
PREORDERING NOW AVAILABLE AT THE LUMENCRAFT ONLINE STORE

**UPDATED PHOTOS**
Estimated shipping date is beginning of August. Please refer to project timeline/plan at the end of this thread

V3F2.JPG

V3F8.JPG

V3F9.JPG

**OLD THREAD**

We are glad to announce our next upcoming project, the GatLight V3. At its current state this light exists only as a CAD model. Updates to the status, design, specs. will also be updated in this first post.

Let us know your thoughts. If you guys like it as much as the V2, we'll make it a reality... comments...

Specifications

LED: Seoul P4 (240+ Lumen MFG claim)
OPTICS: narrow beam optics
BATTERY: 1 x 3V 123 Lithium Ion or 3V rechargeable (3.6V also work but you don't get lower brightness levels)
REGULATION: Constant Brightness Regulated (high efficiency driver)
MULTIPLE BRIGHTNESS LEVELS: Turning the knob in the back increases brightess.
CLICKY SWITCH TO TURN LIGHT ON/OFF
Body: REAL CARBON FIBER SLEEVE WITH COSMETIC WEAVE (as seen in the renderings below)
METAL PARTS: 6AL4 Titanium (Tuxedo version contains black HA AL parts, however 6AL4 Titanium bars.
PRICE: We are shooting for a similar price range as the V2... $250-$300
QUANTITY: limited initially probably 25 lights/month...
WATER SEALING: most likely submersibly water proof
ETA: probably 2 months after we decided to go into production (which we hope is soon).
Length: 3.4 inches
Diameter. 1.25 inches

Eye Candy

v3-02.jpg

v3colors3.jpg

boxx1.jpg

Difference to the GatLight V2
The V3 will be
-brighter (Seoul P4 (250 Lumen instead of Luxeon 3 or K2 - 90-120 Lumen LED all MFG-Claims)
-lighter (you will notice comparing to a V2 there is a lot less metal now)
-more efficient (as a result of the better LED)
-the screws in the back are now exposed as well (in the V2 they were covered) (just looks better :naughty: )
-Carbon Fiber (protects the battery, is lightweight and looks stunning.
-Lumencraft Logo on the knob & probably serial number
-the brightness control will be that you only turn the knob a little bit and the light will come on (with the V2 you have to turn the knob quite a bit more)
-Length is the same as the V2
-Diameter of the V3 is a tiny bit larger (3mm) which allowed us to remove the battery lid in the back and expose the screws.
-The driver will be ideally suited for 123 primary lithiums 3V or 3V rechargeables.
-The look is simpler... since we removed one of the center rings

Company Changes
it looks like beginning of next year (January) we'll take the step from being a home garage operation to a more professional setting with company space...in the L.A area. We'll be partnering up/sharing resources with a cutting edge space flight company. They build complex actuators and other parts for space missions. We believe that this setting provides us access to knowledge and resources to execute the many flashlight related ideas we have. Besides the area we will be in is packed with aerospace machine shops and resources.

At the same time this aerospace company setting allows us to provide better support, faster service and delivery of future lights. Most likely the people building your future Lumencraft lights are the same ones building multi million dollar machinery that flies to space, mars and beyond...

We are excited about the possibilities this cooperation holds for us and also for you guys. Still a couple of if's and than's to figure out but that's the direction we're going. The V2 was home office/garage operation... the V3 will be coming from a professinoal aerospace setting.

Let us know your thoughts, comments, questions... also if you'd be interested in one of these.

An other design study/possibility
v3-b5.jpg

v3-b6.jpg

v3-b4.jpg

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in, Walter! :) The Ti V2 I have now is getting kind of lonely, and needs a friend. If you do serialize, I'd love the lowest available # if I may. :grin2:

Anything you and Kyle turn out is sure to be spectacular, you've proven that time and again!!

Congrats on the big step up with LC, its been great to see (and enjoy) your success!! Looking forward to this! :thumbsup:

:popcorn:
EM

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I'd be interested in one, depending on what bin LED is used for the Cree (Q2 or Q3 would be what I'd be in for).
john
Very cool rendering BTW!

Sable

Enlightened
Holy crap! Count me in! Now, not to be a really irritating stickler but do you have any idea what bin you'll be able to get your hands on for the XR-Es? I understand even the P3-P4 flux bins available now are, in a word, stunning. I'm still completely blown away with T and U-Bin Luxeon IIIs, so I think no matter what you shove in there I'll be in a kind of dumbstruck awe. :D But it doesn't hurt to ask!

Are we still holding out for a momentary pushbutton too, or is that dependent on tracking down some kind of really small assembly?

I can't wait - since I'm sure more senior members deserve the 007 serial number, I think I'd ask for 314 - Pi all the way! :)

Great work guys. Can't wait to see it.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in one.

I'd really like the design to be more waterproof. Any chance?

Amorphous

Enlightened
"Time is the lens through which dreams are captured"

Time and time again, you guys have come up with amazing work! :rock:

Very nice!!
Please sign me up for two V3s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.