Having a problem with Paypal?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to sell an item and my Paypal will not let them pay with a Credit Card any ideas? I had the deny credit card when the sender has a bank account checked but I unchecked it and still no luck.
confused.gif
confused.gif

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Ahh....it's a relief to see I'm not the only one that has the occasional problem with paypal.

First off.....I believe that Paypals phone customer service agents are available to help you 7 days a week, from 6 am to midnight CST.....just in case you can't solve your problem. The number is 402-935-2057. It stinks that it's not a toll free number though.

Do you just have a "personal" account with Paypal? If so, I don't think you can accept a credit card payment until you upgrade you account to either a "business" or "premier" account.

However, here was a note on the Paypal website: PayPal charges Premier and Business accounts to receive payments. Personal accounts are free, but may not receive credit card payments.

Hope that helps.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Light-Headed, I am on the phone with them right now. We will see if they can fix it.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
She keeps saying, well it should work (I keep telling her I know it should but its not) she does not seem to get it. Then my cell disconnected.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Drat those cell phones. What type of an account do you have with Paypal? It may not be Paypals fault at all however. It's quite possible that for some reason, the credit card issueer is denying the transaction. If this is the case, then it wouldn't be able to clear through Paypal.

Just like on Paypals website, when you send a payment from you bank account, you can have a credit card on file with them as a backup just in case your bank denies the funds transfer. I guess the same could happen with a credit card.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've funded all of my purchases with money kept in my Paypal account. I usually empty it a couple of times a month ($10 here, $30 there, etc.) back into my bank account. No probems so far. The few times I've done it backwards (funding paypal from my bank account) it too has worked properly. I have not used paypal with a card, so I have no experience, good or bad, to share.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Ummmm.....your link.....the one warning about paypal stuff not working.....uhh...doesn't work.
smile.gif

****edit****......oops....now it's working.....maybe I'm faulty.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Glanced over the website but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. First page warns that you'll never get anyone at Paypal live on the phone. I've called customer service at Paypal a couple of times and have got a live person within a couple of minutes every time. They have extended phone hours and it helps to call late if possible but you can usually reach someone.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay is in process of buying Paypal. Ebay is going to upgrade Paypal to full banking standards. Paypal was intended as a secure transaction service for more than just standard ecommerce (B2B and retail customer to Business). They have gotten into banking areas, like credit cards and you have to be a bank to issue credit cards. This is where some of the problems arise. eBay is going to correct this.

That said, I use paypal, but only as a transaction service, as I don't want to take the chance of suddenly having any funds get frozen in limbo for eternity.

I have never had a paypal transaction be denied. Of course, I keeping exacting records of both bank and cc balances.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do have a premier account and have done hundreds of transactions with them. This is really bugging me, I am going to lose a sale b/c of it. I will call back and do some complaining today.
smile.gif