What charger should I use?

aeroshep1

Newly Enlightened
I currently have the Rayovac 1hr charger, the energizer 30 minute charger, and a Rayovac overnight charger(ps13). Which charger gets batteries charged the fullest? I am considering the bc-900, but with 3 chargers already, I want to make sure its worth it. I have a number of different cells, some generic,energizer, rayovac, digipower, and I just bought the rayovac hybrid, and am considering the eneloops. Any input on these chargers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
To be honest the Rayovac PS3 is slow but does a good job. The BC-900 is nice to check out your batteries health, and at 40 bucks from Amazon it's not a terrible deal. But unless you need that kind of information(or have a healthy budding battery addiction) your array of chargers probably does by you ok.

NiOOH

Enlightened
The ReyOvac 1 hour charger has been known to heat up the cells too much, which is not good for their service life. I haven't used the Energizer, so no comment on that. The ps3b is a basic overnight, timer-controlled charger. I guess it charges at 200-250 mA rate for 14-16 hours. You can use it to perform a forming charge on new cells or once every 10 cycles after a deep discharge.
With the chargers you have, you should be able to maintain quite a few batteries. The question here is do your chargers overcharge the cells. Try to hold your cells shortly after the fast chargers have finished. The cells should be warm but not hot to the touch.