Need advice.. Ultrastinger replacement battery

powerstroke

Newly Enlightened
I am in need of a replacement rechargeable battery stick for my Streamlight Ultrastinger. I saw an ad for 2 hour run time sticks from www.policebattery.com. I have been unsuccessfull at contacting them by telephone. The OEM streamlight battery gave me good service for many years but extended runtime would be nice. Should I continue my search for an extended runtime battery stick or would I be better served to stick to Streamlight brand batteries? Thanks a bunch!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome.

Anyone with "Power" in their name can't be all bad. :grin2:

I use this 3000mah NiMH battery in my Ultrastinger. Can't comment on runtime, as I never run it down to zero, but I have no complaints.

For giggles, see this thread.

cheers

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That battery that you linked to will not work in an UltraStinger. It's a 3.6V battery for the regular Stinger series. The UltraStinger uses a 6V (5 cell) battery. It's the same battery that is being used in the new SL20X LED and SL20XP LED lights.

powerstroke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tips fella's. It states in the lower left hand column on that page that they also manufacture ultrastinger packs. I failed to mention that I will be using OEM streamlight charging cradles. I have the 110 as well as the 12 volt car charging cradles.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
That battery that you linked to will not work in an UltraStinger. It's a 3.6V battery for the regular Stinger series. The UltraStinger uses a 6V (5 cell) battery.

Take a closer look. The one I linked to is a 6V, 5 cell battery, and I do use it in my Ultrastinger. :)

Edited: Brighteyez - you are looking at the 3.6v 3 cell battery that is in the charger at the bottom of the page. Its not the battery that I linked to at the top of the page.

cheers

Last edited:

powerstroke

Newly Enlightened
powernoodle, any idea what my charging time would be for that battery with my OEM charging cradles? thanks!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to your links, but rather the link that the OP had linked; to the Geocities page that the policebattery.com link redirects you to.

The SL20XP battery that you linked to at the batteryspace site would indeed work in an UltraStinger since they both use the same battery.

powernoodle said:
Take a closer look. The one I linked to is a 6V, 5 cell battery, and I do use it in my Ultrastinger. :)

Edited: Brighteyez - you are looking at the 3.6v 3 cell battery that is in the charger at the bottom of the page. Its not the battery that I linked to at the top of the page.

cheers

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roughly about twice as long as it would take with the Streamlight NiCD battery, using the standard charger. Don't know if the Fast Charger can be used with this battery, though it would be interesting to find out since I only have Fast Chargers for my Stingers.

powerstroke said:
powernoodle, any idea what my charging time would be for that battery with my OEM charging cradles? thanks!

powerstroke

Newly Enlightened
Hey sean, I have a bone to pick with you. That used ultrastinger you sold me 4 years ago already needs a new battery! I only charged it about 500 times!!!!! whats the deal??????????? Just Kidding man:) You have always done me right and I Have had great service from all the lights you have sold me.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea it's too bad the warranty only lasted 4 years, you just missed a free replacement. :ohgeez:
You should have purchased the extended warranty. :laughing:

Last edited: