Best batteries for my frogman

Frogman1

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought an Led Lenser Frogman torch which has 4Nr AA alkaline cells installed. I am looking to run NIMH but am a bit unclear if they will do ok and not damage the torch. I am a newbee but have read that the NIMH voltage 4x1.2=4.8 wil not be up to the 4x1.5-=6 of the alkalines and if the torch has a dc/dc convertor then the reduced voltage will in some way burn it out or reduce the life. This is what i have picked up in the short space of browsing this very interesting forum. Can anybody shed some light on the subject !!!:) Cheers

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Frogman1,

Welcome to CPF.

I use NiMh cells in my Frogman and have not had any problems at all. Just don't run them all the way down, and you should be fine.

Tom

22hornet

Enlightened
hello Frogman1,

Welcome to CPF !
I don't have a Frogman, but I do have a V6 "powerchip" and use NiMH cells in it exclusively. (3xAAA)
I once put fresh MiMH cells in it and lit it up, in candlemode on my table" to see how long it would take to dim out. A bit over 1 hour with 800mah cells.
The light became warm, but not overly hot. A Surefire L2 gets hotter.

I wouldn't worry too much. If, maybe, possible, it would kill the light prematurely - then so be it. I will try the guarantee to have it replaced as Led Lenser claims that NiMH cells do no harm.

Enjoy your light,
Joris