Best way to attach a Surefire M3 to my AK??

P7guru

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

I just got a Surefire M3. Is there a good solution for mounting this thing on a picatinny rail? Where is a good place to find one?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have found the perfect solution gpto wally-world and get a set off cheap scope rings and make sure you get the ones that have the thimbscrew mount whatway you can put it on the picitany rail. anyway put the ring on the fatest part of the body not the small combat grip part. this is the same way i mounted my old m3t on my bros bushmaster ar-15 and it looks great. just one thing make sure you put the rings as far towards the end or the tailcap as possible unless you have a tape switch.

i hope this helps

David Miller

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
The Surefire M79 ring mount allows a 1 inch bodied light to attach to a Pic rail. The mount adjusts for rail variations because it uses a thumb screw on one side. The light body clamp portion also is somewhat adjustable to accomodate variations in light body diameter and personal preference for how tight the clamp closes. If your AK needs a rail system Ultimak makes one IIRC.

If all you have is a 12 o'clock rail, a side rail adapter by Warne allows you to mount the light to one side or the other of the top rail. On rifles where there is room to mount the light far enough forward, I tend to prefer a "wireless" 9 o'clock mounting and use my thumb on the rear tailcap switch.

The SF M78 or M79 allows the light to be quickly and easily attached or detached as needed, for handheld uses such as searching where you are not comfortable pointing the muzzle. Calvin at Brightflashlights supplied my M78 (executive sized bodies) and M79 (classic sized bodies) ring clamps. HTH.

Paladin