What are the best deals in UK?

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
I have seen threads for cheap lights in the US but what abiut in the UK. Just starting my collection now

kooter

Enlightened
Nothing is cheap here Mike, you should know that. :thumbsdow

Just import it from the US. :grin2:

UK Dazzler

Newly Enlightened
I agree with kooter Mike, especially with the current exchange rate, ordering a flashlight from a supplier in the US gives you a warm fuzzy feeling! :) If you give us an idea what you are after, we could maybe recommend a supplier for you.

Best Regards

C.

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mike,

I've looked over here for lights but as you know the prices are laughable.

I've only ordered from Fenix Store and lighthound so far, but as you've probably gathered from other threads, both great to deal with (plus Fenix Stores' free shipping is nice)

Cheers

kooter

Enlightened
Always used lighthound.com. Fast and friendly and always puts 20 bucks value on the package, no nasty import duty to pay. Top site.

Nice to see some UK flashaholics online:rock:

UK Dazzler

Newly Enlightened
I've also used Lighthound on a number of occasions and Johns service is lightning fast! All orders i've made with him have arrived in just four days of being shipped!! If you want a Fenix Flashlight, look no further than Fenix Store.

Best Wishes

C.

dg

Newly Enlightened
I sent a letter to Tony @ nr 10, and asked if we had to be the 51st state, then why can't we have the same prices? Never did get a reply.

I must admit though, that I get a warm moist feeling every time an imported parcel goes under the VAT and Duty radar. lol - long live the confederacy!

kooter

Enlightened
dg, maybe we could petition downing st, for US price flashlights over here, and US price petrol and, everything else:grin2:

Dont you just love the UK. NOT:thumbsdow

leduk

Enlightened
Nuwai ALX-233C a.k.a. " Ring Cyba-Lite Ultra Powerful 3 Watt Luxeon Handtorch". 7dayshop.com £17.99 plus P&P. 7dayshop also have a couple of other discounted goodies like 4aa nichia lamps.

Got a 1/2 price mag 2D at homebase recently but they'd sold out on a subsequent visit. Keep your eyes open as other Mag retailers haven't sold the non-led stock out yet (B&Q for one). I'm looking for a 6AA to 2D holder and I'll make up a very poor man's ROP.

The ORB in Devon for small super shiny stuff.

Got old style CMG infinty ultra from ebay for under a tenner.

This shop in Germany seems to have the cheapest drop in replacement bulbs.

Apart from that, import it.

Cheers

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
I already have a MXDL and 2 nuwai lights and some non descript chinese offerings (bought on Ebay before I found this site). I now have ordered a P1D-CE and a Cree Huntlight. Now just awaiting their arrival. Just thought there may have been a very well kept secret, but alas no.
Oh well, I guess us brits will keep buying from the other side of the pond -especially with the exchange rate as it is......

defblade

Newly Enlightened
As above, don't buy anything in the UK! I've used Fenix Store, Lighthound, Sandwhich Shoppe (sp?) and various sellers on forum (Fivemega, the people selling bulbs and chargers whose names I forget :oops: sorry). In UK, this chap is selling off a load of interesting stuff. But otherwise, the £ is strong vs $ and so Paypal is your friend :)

jezzyp

Enlightened
Not found any good deals in the UK either. Lighthound is good. I've also ordered from singapore and china recently. The exchange rate is excellent at the moment.
Post what you are after and I can post some links.

rik

Newly Enlightened
i've been using lighthound, but note that i' trying to start up as a dealer, trying to price reasonably, starting with Wolf-Eyes. See my thread in the dealer section...

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Yep.. +1, my advice also goes to buying from US dealers...
UK is just a rip off for most stuff :rant: .. including lights.. no good deals

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
What everybody else said - RIP-OFF BRITAIN!
icon8.gif

Stick with lighthound, fenix-store and places like that.

Bring on the 51st state! - Colt .45's and cheap flashlights for all.
buttrock.gif

CFU

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
I think Ill wait for the 2 cree based light on order from the US and go from there, after all you can only carry so many at one time

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
I have used a number of US suppliers but tend to turn to Lighthound first, but would use a UK supplier if it was competative but frankly its going to be difficult for anyone to do that here, mind you I should get an orb he's local (ish) to me

Mark

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thumbs up for fenix-store, two torches marked as "$20 gift" , therefore fell under HM customs radar. Which was nice.
smile.gif

Double thumbs up for Rob who makes the Orb lights. Fantastic customer service.

BTW 7dayshop.com now stock the Mag LED range at fair (well, for the UK) price.

leduk: for 3AA to 1D holders have a look at Litemania's surplus sale in the dealers section. $3 each=bargin. I ended up also buying hotlips heatsink and a 5W WWOT and made a space needle. Delivery was just one week.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Import is definitely the way to go. Lighthound gets my vote too.

HTH

Dave

kooter

Enlightened
Talking of fenixstore and lighthound, i got my fenix P1D cree, and a lamp assembly for a surefire through today. No import duty and fast shipping especially from lighthound. :grin2: