So what kind of throw does the PID CE have?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I think floody lights are a waste of photons, so I was wondering what kind of throw the Fenix PID has. Any experiences with this light most welcome!

pietruck

Newly Enlightened
Look here.

Actually thats not a good thread.

People joking about how far the can throw it, no answers to your question.

So, I dont know.

Tell you in a week.

Last edited:

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Yeah, I'm just looking for a simple answer without wading through a bunch of garbage posts. Please let me know.

carrot

Flashaholic
I find the P1D CE capable of throwing at least as well as my Surefire C2, which uses the P60 lamp assembly. If you think floody lights are a waste of photons, check out the Surefire KL1 and KL3 LED conversion heads for the E-series and C-series Surefires. They're *all* throw.

Edit: there's also the Inovas...

Last edited:

h_nu

Enlightened
I compared it to several other lights. It seems a close match for my Surefire G2 with the bugoutgear 3w module and Ultraclear lens. I like it better though because the G2 is the old one without a decent lockout.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine yesterday. Playing with it and comparing it with my P1, it will easily throw over 50 yards across my pond. Probably further. By throw, I mean not just be able to see a faint spot, but light up the follage enough to count leaves. It's significantly brighter than the P1 which throws about the same as my EDC U60. As others have reported, the rings, while present on a white wall, are not an issue in actual use.

<S>