• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McLux III-PD with Cree XR-E and all the extras

AlanS

Newly Enlightened
FS: McLux III-PD with Cree XR-E and all the extras - WITHDRAWN

McLux III-PD with Cree XR-E (beautifully modded by 4sevens)
HA-Nat
H3 vial in piston
new style Ti clip
Ti bezel ring

Except for the Cree, this is in like new condition with a very smooth twist action.

$380 includes priority shipping within continental US.

Last edited:

photorob

Enlightened
The low level on a modded Pd is about 25% brighter then The original lux's output. It is still low enough for comfortable use. I have recently compared the two beams of the 20mm original pd reflector to the new 19mm reflector. The 19mm puts more lumens out the front but is more floody, and the 20mm has a tighter beam with far more throw.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Cree mod usually goes for about 80.00...not counting the shipping cost
back and forth to the modder.

380 is a fair price IMO.

pcmike

Enlightened
No debate needed guys.. just trying to guage the market and am wondering if this light ever sold. If it did, would the original poster please reply back and let us know what it finally sold for.

:thanks:

Fringe

Enlightened
Seems like a fair price to me, considering that the PDs are done.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gary, I think you got confused, it's not my sale.

PM AlanS

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The simple fact that McluxIII PD flashlights are for the most part OUT of production, I believe we may see prices of these lights hold steady, for a while. I am sure we will see them rise but not in the short term.
I also own one of these 4x7 mods. They are nice. Quite bright, the beam does tend to be ringy (typical of the cree emitter).
Recently Don offered the last of his complete PD sets mounted with Seoul Semiconductor emitters. He offered them in two configurations stock 525mA and mizer 390mA. These were both a hit selling out as quickly as don could produce them.
What does this say about this Light? Well the PD in any of it's growing number of configurations has, none the less, become a light with an incredible reputation. With it's creamy smooth beam, great run-time, legendary design and it is easily upgraded to the most current emitter and driver combinations. All of these features combine to create a light uniquely suited to both the flashlight freak as well as a person who depends on his lite for important life saving duty's. The PD is at home in either circumstance.

This light the one for sale here has a beam which is substantially brighter than the stock U-Bin PD as much as 40% brighter. It may also have a slightly better run time than a stock PD depending on the vF of the emitter. No matter what 90 minutes on high should be no problem for this light. This is a real work horse of a light, It really is the kind of flashlight that will last a lifetime of HARD USE, just what this light is design for.

I believe that as time marches on the PD will become increasingly more difficult to get. Prices will go up as demand rises and the available lights, get put to task around the world become harder to find. People will be less and less inclined to sell or trade them.
I have several PD's and I am unlikely to get rid of any of them unless absolutely necessary. I know many PD users who will never part with their PD's no matter what advances are made. They are that good.
Somebody will be very lucky to get this one.
Yaesumofo

Fringe said:
Seems like a fair price to me, considering that the PDs are done.

jrjunky

Newly Enlightened
I don't want to speak for AlanS but when the light was originally offered on CPF I spoke with him about it. He indicated that he was putting it up for sale and that if it didn't generate interest that he was considering just keeping the light.

Just FYI,

Marc

AlanS

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: McLux III-PD with Cree XR-E and all the extras - WITHDRAWN

Sorry guys, I've been away from the forum for awhile, and am just now getting back to this thread.

I ended up getting a diffuser lens from www.flashlightlens.com, and it worked so well I decided to keep the light. The soft focus completely masks the (subtle) ring of the Cree, and suits my needs much better than either the stock PD or the Cree mod.

Thanks for the interest, and again sorry about the delay answering.

Alan

Last edited: