Click to visit Lumintop new flashlights!
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Fenix E1 - DOA

  1. #1
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    York, Pa.
    Posts
    145

    Default Fenix E1 - DOA

    The E0 and E1 I order showed up today. The E1 doesn't work Battery is in correct. Anyone else run into this problem? Maybe I should of gotten another LOP-SE instead.


    Steve

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Never had this problem with my E0. If you ordered from 4 Sevens, just drop him an email. He will take care of you.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* light_emitting_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Try it with another battery (if you haven't already). I love my E1 for the long run time on a AAA. If it is defective return it.....I think you will like it.

  4. #4
    *Flashaholic* carrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,965

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    I've seen this problem once before. Try unscrewing the two pieces of the head a little bit and then trying to turn it on. It may be not working because the reflector is shorting out the circuit.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

  5. #5
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    York, Pa.
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Quote Originally Posted by carrot
    I've seen this problem once before. Try unscrewing the two pieces of the head a little bit and then trying to turn it on. It may be not working because the reflector is shorting out the circuit.
    I tried that but it seems like its glued. I believe it mentions that will void the warrenty if the head is open so I don't want to do that yet.

    I sent an email to 4sevens to see what he wanted to do. I'll probably have to sent it back. Just was hoping to get it working since this one will be a Christmas gift.



    Steve

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* 65535's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    *Out There* (Irvine, CA)
    Posts
    3,320

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    If you put it in backwards once it fries it.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    York, Pa.
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Quote Originally Posted by 65535
    If you put it in backwards once it fries it.
    Realize that. Read the warnings. When the battery is in it does get warm. So something is shorting out in the head.

    Steve

  8. #8
    *Flashaholic* carrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,965

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Then it's very likely the reflector shorting the circuit...
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

  9. #9
    Flashaholic* Concept's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Townsville, Australia.
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    It may not be real easy to get the head off I know my E1 wouldn't budge but my LOP SE came off real easy. I just hope you get it sorted in time for Xmas Steve.
    Concept

  10. #10
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    York, Pa.
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Quote Originally Posted by planex
    Never had this problem with my E0. If you ordered from 4 Sevens, just drop him an email. He will take care of you.

    Just wanted people to know that Sevens took care of me. He shipped out the replacement E1 out Tue or Wed. I wasn't expecting it to get here before Christmas. I was just going to use a picture of the E1 for the Christmas present. But after running out for lunch today on Christmas Eve and I notice the U.S. Postal Service truck driving around. When I got home the E1 was sitting by my door.

    I was shock and suprise the U.S. Post Office was out delivering on a Sunday. Couldn't believe it. If they would of stuck it in my mailbox I would of never checked it being a Sunday.

    Steve

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* light_emitting_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Now thats dedication....CHEERS to both 4sevens and the USPS. I did hear that they were contemplating delivering mail on sunday due to the stroms in Colorado.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Fenix E1 - DOA

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoScouter
    Just wanted people to know that Sevens took care of me. He shipped out the replacement E1 out Tue or Wed. I wasn't expecting it to get here before Christmas. I was just going to use a picture of the E1 for the Christmas present. But after running out for lunch today on Christmas Eve and I notice the U.S. Postal Service truck driving around. When I got home the E1 was sitting by my door.

    I was shock and suprise the U.S. Post Office was out delivering on a Sunday. Couldn't believe it. If they would of stuck it in my mailbox I would of never checked it being a Sunday.

    Steve
    Excellent! Heres the weird thing. The post woman came by THREE times
    today (separate occasions) to delivery express and priority mail packages.

    I don't know if they do this every year, but this is the first time
    it has happened to me.

    It's amazing. I hope those overtime usps workers get a good bonus this year!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •