Fenix E1 - DOA

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
The E0 and E1 I order showed up today. The E1 doesn't work Battery is in correct. Anyone else run into this problem? Maybe I should of gotten another LOP-SE instead.

Steve

planex

Newly Enlightened
Never had this problem with my E0. If you ordered from 4 Sevens, just drop him an email. He will take care of you.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try it with another battery (if you haven't already). I love my E1 for the long run time on a AAA. If it is defective return it.....I think you will like it.

carrot

Flashaholic
I've seen this problem once before. Try unscrewing the two pieces of the head a little bit and then trying to turn it on. It may be not working because the reflector is shorting out the circuit.

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
I've seen this problem once before. Try unscrewing the two pieces of the head a little bit and then trying to turn it on. It may be not working because the reflector is shorting out the circuit.

I tried that but it seems like its glued. I believe it mentions that will void the warrenty if the head is open so I don't want to do that yet.

I sent an email to 4sevens to see what he wanted to do. I'll probably have to sent it back. Just was hoping to get it working since this one will be a Christmas gift.

Steve

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
65535 said:
If you put it in backwards once it fries it.

Realize that. Read the warnings. When the battery is in it does get warm. So something is shorting out in the head.

Steve

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may not be real easy to get the head off I know my E1 wouldn't budge but my LOP SE came off real easy. I just hope you get it sorted in time for Xmas Steve.

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
planex said:
Never had this problem with my E0. If you ordered from 4 Sevens, just drop him an email. He will take care of you.

Just wanted people to know that Sevens took care of me. He shipped out the replacement E1 out Tue or Wed. I wasn't expecting it to get here before Christmas. I was just going to use a picture of the E1 for the Christmas present. But after running out for lunch today on Christmas Eve and I notice the U.S. Postal Service truck driving around. When I got home the E1 was sitting by my door.

I was shock and suprise the U.S. Post Office was out delivering on a Sunday. Couldn't believe it. If they would of stuck it in my mailbox I would of never checked it being a Sunday.

Steve

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now thats dedication....CHEERS to both 4sevens and the USPS. I did hear that they were contemplating delivering mail on sunday due to the stroms in Colorado.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
GeoScouter said:
Just wanted people to know that Sevens took care of me. He shipped out the replacement E1 out Tue or Wed. I wasn't expecting it to get here before Christmas. I was just going to use a picture of the E1 for the Christmas present. But after running out for lunch today on Christmas Eve and I notice the U.S. Postal Service truck driving around. When I got home the E1 was sitting by my door.

I was shock and suprise the U.S. Post Office was out delivering on a Sunday. Couldn't believe it. If they would of stuck it in my mailbox I would of never checked it being a Sunday.

Steve

Excellent! Heres the weird thing. The post woman came by THREE times
today (separate occasions) to delivery express and priority mail packages.

I don't know if they do this every year, but this is the first time
it has happened to me. :shrug:

It's amazing. I hope those overtime usps workers get a good bonus this year!