BlackShadow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning about DHMO!!

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Default Warning about DHMO!!

Check this Web Page!! http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html Sounds terrible and I know you have it in your house!!! We had a large spill in our house the other day, it caused problems..that was before I knew how bad it was.
    Thanks to the alert forum member who mentioned this in another thread.

Banned

Default Re: Warning about DHMO!!

This compound is certainly a threat to us humans! Due to its biological toxicity, someone could use it as a weapon of mass destruction!

On a side note, my goldfish were swimming in a tank contaminated with the stuff... no wonder they all died.

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

I understand Australia has DHMO all around it.
    Even without much industry up where I live I think we have more exposure than people living in cities.

I believe there is a move to ban DHMO and it may be discussed on that web site. There's a wealth of information on that site...I didn't know that someone or group had taken the time to do so many surveys, gather facts, and take the time to educate the public on it! It's "shocking" that people just aren't aware of the environment around them.

I understand DHMO is in more of it's solid state in colder weather with additional hazards. With winter just around the corner, (here it is October 30 and we usually have 7.5" of snow on the ground here in Anchorage...so far none yet!) I need to get prepared now!

Flashaholic

I'm moving to the desert! DHMO doesn't stick to sand.
    Kirk

Please, Please, don't confuse DHMO with me... I'm no one that you need any warnings about.

Thanks.
    d'mo

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sounds like alot of hysterical unsubstantiated
    claims to me. I'll need a little more science fact to begin to be interested...
    I looked up "von Bueltzingsloewen" on Google and she seems to be a linguist and French historian, not a doctor or scientist...
    I think there would be more danger from strangulation trying to pronounce her name than from exposure to "dhmo" --
    "causes tornadoes" ??? -- pul-leeze! [img]graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Uh oh, just last week, there was DHMO falling from the sky. Good thing I was in my car with all the windows up. Ted, please don't take this lightly. This stuff is serious, it might cause your cars to rust. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That was pretty funny. Somebody went through a lot of trouble to set up that webpage.

And look at all of the links they have at the site, some pretty serious links!

What's the correct terminology for a "misinformation" campaign? Mix some truths with some un-truths. Actually, I guess I couldn't call them "un-truths" but more of an avoidance of the obvious.

I think what really suckered me in was Onyx's comment that it killed his goldfish; I believed him.. is my face red [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] (is this 'embarrassed' smiley?)

Ted I always thought that was the Kiss my *** smiley! Just kiddin

some seem not at all humorous and could have some truth to them; like "Your Chocolate May be Made by Child Slaves" - but the "Clones-r-Us, DreamTech International" is hilarious...so, is the chocolate one a total joke?

well, for all of my fellow tolkien fans, here is a great link about wierd Tolkien ideas: http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/theories.htm

bonus points for anyone who knows who said my siggy quote [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Ted
    Child slavery on African cocao plantations IS a legitimate issue. Not a joke.

Just a note, while all this "fun" is going on:

I was serious about the hydrogen leaking from the batteries, mixing with oxygen in the battery compartment, and producing water which of course leads to the original corrosion question that this thread was based on.

However, as to the cause of the battery leaking (other than a faulty battery container or heat/expansion) or at what voltage possibly being a contributing factor...I'm ignorant!

Ooops, I see that another thread was started from the original "Why do batteries leak or something thread..."

For similar creative endeavors take a look

HERE

Brightnorm

This is one of my favorites

THE MORE THE MERRIER

Brightnorm

PeterM, thanks for the headsup. I did check the 'the good, bad, and ugly' lists for my favorite "Sharfenberger" chocolate: but it was on neither..I'll pass this info along, first to Saaby...what, no chocolate smiley? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    ...too late for Halloween, but, bltn;
    IS YOUR CHOCOLATE MISERY FREE? CHECK THE LISTS:
    All Chocolate Manufacturers' Responses to Child Slavery at Cocoa Farms:
    http://www.radicalthought.org/A55868...allpg!OpenPage

Mostly MIA Administrator

I'm lost so I'll just put in a little graemlin and be on my way... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

**EDIT**
    J/K...I just checked my eMail and...Thanks Ted!

Flashaholic

Not only do you have to watch out for DHMO but there's an even evil force from the following:
    3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Originally posted by Stefan:
    [QB...snip...3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione ...snip...[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What's scary is that I recognized the formula! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

VERY addictive stuff! Considering I've worked between 10 and 14 hours a day, 20 out of the last 21 days (and that I just got to work 10 minutes ago - work starts in 10 minutes) Id say the level of that chemical in my bloodstream is kinda high

Such is the state of my addiction that I'm typing with one hand to write this as I'm using the other hand to carefully manipulate the dispensing vessel that I use to infuse my body with my daily fix.

There is more danger here than simply addiction. The substance is often prepared for ingestion in a manner which leaves it in a kinetically energetic state, as well as a chemically energetic state. This can cause significant soft tissue damage should it come into contact unexpectedly...

And remember, that any infusion of this chemical also contains significant amounts of the also dangerous DHMO!

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator Roy's Avatar

Originally posted by James S:
    ...snip...And remember, that any infusion of this chemical also contains significant amounts of the also dangerous DHMO!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, it's available in pill form - been there, done that

I prefer the liquid form..takes a little more time to prepare, but it permeates thoughout my senses so much more. I know it's just a temporary feeling until my next hit, but I definitely get more for my purchase this way!

My son did a "project" for school on this very subject...I came home and saw that he had an empty bag that some of the solids had been shipped in. I was shocked and wanted to know where he got it...it's available everywhere! Several local dealers really bring it in!

Think I might take a hit soon - I've been here since 7:30am - and it doesn't look like I'm going home anytime soon. Tomorrow is scheduled to only run 10 hours - Tuesday is SCHEDULED to be a 26 hour shift

Banned

Any chemist would tell you - this DMHO stuff exhibits some unusual physical properties: eg. it decreases density in its solid sate! Not many other substances or compounds do that.

I have 60 lbs of stainless steel labware in my kitchen which requires over 600 watt hours of electrical input, to produce just 1.5 ounces of the concentrated hot liquid form...

http://www.freshcoffee.com/html/caffaq-3.html
    [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Mostly MIA Administrator

Duh...I'm not dense at all am I.

I was just sitting here, contemplating my test in chemistry tomorrow when this thread popped into my head. Duh! DUH DUH DUH!

Don't mock me to badly but...I just got it.

He he, well I used to think I was smart.

Duh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast