Warning about DHMO!!

Monsters_Inc

Banned
This compound is certainly a threat to us humans! Due to its biological toxicity, someone could use it as a weapon of mass destruction!

On a side note, my goldfish were swimming in a tank contaminated with the stuff... no wonder they all died.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I believe there is a move to ban DHMO and it may be discussed on that web site. There's a wealth of information on that site...I didn't know that someone or group had taken the time to do so many surveys, gather facts, and take the time to educate the public on it! It's "shocking" that people just aren't aware of the environment around them.

I understand DHMO is in more of it's solid state in colder weather with additional hazards. With winter just around the corner, (here it is October 30 and we usually have 7.5" of snow on the ground here in Anchorage...so far none yet!) I need to get prepared now!

d'mo

Enlightened
Please, Please, don't confuse DHMO with me... I'm no one that you need any warnings about.

Thanks.
d'mo

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

sounds like alot of hysterical unsubstantiated
claims to me. I'll need a little more science fact to begin to be interested...
I looked up "von Bueltzingsloewen" on Google and she seems to be a linguist and French historian, not a doctor or scientist...
I think there would be more danger from strangulation trying to pronounce her name than from exposure to "dhmo" --
"causes tornadoes" ??? -- pul-leeze!
yellowlaugh.gif

InTheDark

Enlightened
Uh oh, just last week, there was DHMO falling from the sky. Good thing I was in my car with all the windows up. Ted, please don't take this lightly. This stuff is serious, it might cause your cars to rust.
grin.gif

That was pretty funny. Somebody went through a lot of trouble to set up that webpage.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
And look at all of the links they have at the site, some pretty serious links!

What's the correct terminology for a "misinformation" campaign? Mix some truths with some un-truths. Actually, I guess I couldn't call them "un-truths" but more of an avoidance of the obvious.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think what really suckered me in was Onyx's comment that it killed his goldfish; I believed him.. is my face red
blush.gif
(is this 'embarrassed' smiley?)

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted I always thought that was the Kiss my *** smiley! Just kiddin

D

**DONOTDELETE**

some seem not at all humorous and could have some truth to them; like "Your Chocolate May be Made by Child Slaves" - but the "Clones-r-Us, DreamTech International" is hilarious...so, is the chocolate one a total joke?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just a note, while all this "fun" is going on:

I was serious about the hydrogen leaking from the batteries, mixing with oxygen in the battery compartment, and producing water which of course leads to the original corrosion question that this thread was based on.

However, as to the cause of the battery leaking (other than a faulty battery container or heat/expansion) or at what voltage possibly being a contributing factor...I'm ignorant!

Ooops, I see that another thread was started from the original "Why do batteries leak or something thread..."

D

**DONOTDELETE**

PeterM, thanks for the headsup. I did check the 'the good, bad, and ugly' lists for my favorite "Sharfenberger" chocolate: but it was on neither..I'll pass this info along, first to Saaby...what, no chocolate smiley?
rolleyes.gif

...too late for Halloween, but, bltn;
IS YOUR CHOCOLATE MISERY FREE? CHECK THE LISTS:
All Chocolate Manufacturers' Responses to Child Slavery at Cocoa Farms:
http://www.radicalthought.org/A55868/cocoa.nsf/allpg!OpenPage

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm lost so I'll just put in a little graemlin and be on my way...
confused.gif

**EDIT**
J/K...I just checked my eMail and...Thanks Ted!

Latest posts