Need a pair of winter gloves.

FNG

Enlightened
I need a pair of gloves that are water resistant and keep me warm for the winter. I work at a car wash and our hands get wet and really cold with the wind blowing. Ive read the gloves scuba divers work well but not sure on brands and/or differences. Ill need something where I can feel also. Any divers out there? Ill email brightguy to ask for his opinions since he lives near a lake.

Tombeis

Enlightened
FNG:

Brightguy lives in Lakewood, Ohio and the store is in Euclid Ohio. Both are about 3-4 blocks from lake Erie. I know he knows about spotlights for boats, but gloves? I am not sure.

I wash my truck outside no matter what the weather. I have found the coated cotton gloves keep your hands dry and warm. They don't however transmit a lot of feel.

The divers gloves may keep your hands warm, but they do so by retaining a layer of warm water next to your skin. If you wore them all day in a car wash, you may go home with a severe case of handwrinkle.Also, they may tear easily on the sharp edges of vehicles.

I have a friend who was the safety director of the GM Lordstown plant in Lordstown Ohio. He knows all about special protective gloves. I will ask him for his recommendation when I talk to him tonight.

I'll get back to you.

Edited 11/08/02 Sorry this took so long the friend was on vacation. He also recommends the coated gloves. The pair I have are Wells-Lamont Suregard PVC coated.